Create a directory

arose

What would the code be to create a directory?

I've tried Dir::new and Dir::eek:pen and googling around, but not finding
it.

arose

arose said:
What would the code be to create a directory?

I've tried Dir::new and Dir::eek:pen and googling around, but not finding
it.

Let me elaborate

Dir::new("test")

gives me a message that no such directory exists. I know that, that is
why I'm making it. What am i missing here?

arose

arose said:
Let me elaborate

Dir::new("test")

gives me a message that no such directory exists. I know that, that is
why I'm making it. What am i missing here?

nevermind i need

Dir::mkdir("test")

Martin DeMello

arose said:
Let me elaborate

Dir::new("test")

gives me a message that no such directory exists. I know that, that is
why I'm making it. What am i missing here?

Just to clarify this, Dir::new makes a new ruby Dir object that wraps
access to an exsting filesystem directory. Dir::mkdir wraps the actual
filesystem 'create directory' call.

martin