Create a meta name in HTML header file

Dave Kelly

In the HTML header, there is a line like this:

Is it possible and allowed to have a line like this also"

The other way to ask this question, How do I give credit to another
persons work in this web page?

TIA
Dave

J.O. Aho

Dave said:
In the HTML header, there is a line like this:

Is it possible and allowed to have a line like this also"

That will work fine.

Benjamin Niemann

Hello,

Dave said:
In the HTML header, there is a line like this:

Is it possible and allowed to have a line like this also"

The other way to ask this question, How do I give credit to another
persons work in this web page?

Technically correct, but I doubt this is sufficient, if you are only allowed
to use the artwork with proper credits. In order to see it, you'd have to
view the document source - very few people do this.
You should place the credits visibly into the document body.

HTH

Blinky the Shark

Dave said:
In the HTML header, there is a line like this:

Is it possible and allowed to have a line like this also"

The other way to ask this question, How do I give credit to another
persons work in this web page?

Visible text that says, "Photographer: Harry Crofton". That way people
will actually see it.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Dave Kelly:
In the HTML header, there is a line like this:

It's basically write-only code. Some authoring software spits out such
stuff, but virtually no software uses it. Technically, it can be seen by
users who view the source or use e.g. View/Page Info on Firefox, but that's
not particularly relevant to anything.
Is it possible and allowed to have a line like this also"

You can use <meta name="any foolish name you invent or copy"
content="whatever crap you wish to waste bandwidth" /> and everyone can and
will ignore that. Authors often waste their time because they saw some
clueless tutorial or example with lots of impressive-looking said:
The other way to ask this question, How do I give credit to another
persons work in this web page?

What did he say when you asked him? After all, you needed a permission to
use his photographs, so you could just as well ask how he likes to be
credited, and you could suggest some alternatives.