create a new excel file

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Vetrivel Vetrivel, Jun 19, 2009.

  1. Vetrivel Vetrivel, Jun 19, 2009

    With your bare hands and a computer usually.

    Jayanth

    On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Vetrivel Vetrivel <

    Srijayanth Sridhar, Jun 19, 2009

  3. Vetrivel Vetrivel

    Matt Neuburg Guest

    Vetrivel Vetrivel <> wrote:

    > How to create a new excel file in ruby with examples .

    Depends what system you're running. There's one way on Windows and a
    different way on Mac OS X. m.

    Matt Neuburg, Jun 19, 2009

  4. > -----Original Message-----

    No, actually, the spreadsheet gem is cross-platform.

    gem install spreadsheet.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Daniel Berger, Jun 19, 2009
  5. Funny you mention this. I myself was trying to remember what I need to
    export to Excel and I was about to do the whole thing in CSV (might
    still do anyway, since Excel has support for it) when this came
    through. Thanks!

    --
    Rilindo Foster
    AOL Instant Messenger: rilindo

    rilindo foster, Jun 19, 2009
  6. Vetrivel Vetrivel

    Matt Neuburg Guest

    Daniel Berger <> wrote:

> [...]

    Ooops, sorry about that. Okay, I guess what I meant is that there's also
    at least one way on Mac OS X that doesn't exist on Windows. On Mac OS X
    you could do it with rb-appscript; that's what my book manuscript is
    about here:

    http://www.apeth.com/ruby/10examples.html

    The "Microsoft Excel" section on that page includes an example where we
    create a new Excel document, populate it with some data, and tell Excel
    to draw a chart. m.

    Matt Neuburg, Jun 19, 2009