create a project from code

Vaclav Jedlicka

Hi all

Is it possible to create an ASP.NET project from code?

Thanks in advance

Vaclav

Kevin Spencer

Visual Studio .Net does it all the time. What exactly are you asking?

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Some things just happen.
Everything else occurs.

Kevin Spencer

Do you mean that you want to create all of the project files, solution
files, etc. from an application?

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Some things just happen.
Everything else occurs.

Vaclav Jedlicka

Exactly.

Why I need it?
I am developing an application generator which generates ASP.NET projects.
So far it generates the ASPX and CS files, but I also need to create the VS
projects which would contain them. The user would specify only the project
name and the code would create a VS project, and the virtual folder in IIS.
Then it would add the ASPX and CS files to the project.
Something like automation in the days of COM, but I would like to do it from
..NET code (I use c#).

Thanks
Vaclav

Kevin Spencer

Vaclav Jedlicka

Thank you

That namespace is really undocumented and I do not know how to use it, so I
think I will have to create all the project files (.sln, .suo, .csproj,
..csproj.webinfo) from code.

Vaclav