    Is it possible to create an ASP.NET project from code?

    Thanks in advance

    Vaclav

    Vaclav Jedlicka, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Visual Studio .Net does it all the time. What exactly are you asking?

    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft FrontPage MVP
    Internet Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Some things just happen.
    Everything else occurs.

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 7, 2003

  3. I need to create a VS project from code, not manualy.

    "Kevin Spencer" <> píše v diskusním pøíspìvku
    > Visual Studio .Net does it all the time. What exactly are you asking?
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Kevin Spencer
    > Microsoft FrontPage MVP
    > Internet Developer
    > http://www.takempis.com
    > Some things just happen.
    > Everything else occurs.
    >
    > "Vaclav Jedlicka" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > Is it possible to create an ASP.NET project from code?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > Vaclav

    ---
    Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

    Václav Jedlièka, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Do you mean that you want to create all of the project files, solution
    files, etc. from an application?

    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft FrontPage MVP
    Internet Developer
    http://www.takempis.com
    Some things just happen.
    Everything else occurs.

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 7, 2003
  5. Exactly.

    Why I need it?
    I am developing an application generator which generates ASP.NET projects.
    So far it generates the ASPX and CS files, but I also need to create the VS
    projects which would contain them. The user would specify only the project
    name and the code would create a VS project, and the virtual folder in IIS.
    Then it would add the ASPX and CS files to the project.
    Something like automation in the days of COM, but I would like to do it from
    ..NET code (I use c#).

    Thanks
    Vaclav

    Vaclav Jedlicka, Jul 8, 2003
  6. I believe most if not all of what you're looking for is in the Microsoft.Vsa
    NameSpace. Unfortunately, this Namespace is almost completely undocumented
    at this time. I did, however, find a listing of some articles on the MSDN
    site that may be helpful to you:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/using/building/tools/default.aspx

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 8, 2003
  7. Thank you

    That namespace is really undocumented and I do not know how to use it, so I
    think I will have to create all the project files (.sln, .suo, .csproj,
    ..csproj.webinfo) from code.

    Vaclav Jedlicka, Jul 9, 2003