    through the output would be acceptable as long as the rest of the page
    stayed visible.

    Suggestions?

    Noozer, May 15, 2005

  2. Noozer wrote:
    > Is it possible to create an area in a webpage that will scroll if
    > the content does not fit, similar to what you'd get with an IFRAME?

    Frames bad. Scrolling area bad, too.

    > I have dynamically generated data on a webpage. I want to ensure
    > that the page is not too long, even if there is a large amount of
    > output. Scrolling through the output would be acceptable as long as
    > the rest of the page stayed visible.

    What in your page is more important than the content? Why do you want
    to force me to use my mouse cursor to click and drag on your
    scrollbar, rather than my mouse wheel to scroll the whole page?

    > Suggestions?

    Reluctantly:

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 15, 2005

  3. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    > Noozer wrote:
    > > Is it possible to create an area in a webpage that will scroll if
    > > the content does not fit, similar to what you'd get with an IFRAME?

    > Frames bad. Scrolling area bad, too.

    > What in your page is more important than the content? Why do you want
    > to force me to use my mouse cursor to click and drag on your
    > scrollbar, rather than my mouse wheel to scroll the whole page?

    The results are a list of items that could reach 100+ lines. Normally only
    the first few lines are important but occasionally the items near the end of
    the list are what is important.

    > Reluctantly:

    Thanks... That's what I though. It ended up being a typo in my CSS. I
    thought I was losing my mind.

    Noozer, May 15, 2005
  4. Noozer

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <>
    >
    > Noozer wrote:
    >> Is it possible to create an area in a webpage that will scroll if
    >> the content does not fit, similar to what you'd get with an IFRAME?

    > Frames bad. Scrolling area bad, too.
    >
    >> I have dynamically generated data on a webpage. I want to ensure
    >> that the page is not too long, even if there is a large amount of
    >> output. Scrolling through the output would be acceptable as long as
    >> the rest of the page stayed visible.

    > What in your page is more important than the content? Why do you want
    > to force me to use my mouse cursor to click and drag on your
    > scrollbar, rather than my mouse wheel to scroll the whole page?
    >
    >> Suggestions?

    > Reluctantly:

    (This goes into my scrapbook under "nice posts" Mr or Ms Beauregard T.
    Shagnasty...)

    Perhaps it might have added the words "or page down key" after "rather than
    my mouse wheel"

    However, if these scrolly codes were well supported, the result has
    attractive features. As the OP says: it is sometimes nice not to have pages
    too long. It is especially so if the stuff to be scrolled is easily
    avoidable or likely to be rarely read in full whatever the formatting...

    dorayme

    dorayme, May 15, 2005