Create a team to develop "Web Portal Framework"

Kamil Tezduyar

I want to create a team to develop a web portal framework. The main
purpose of this framework is reusing this in many projects. The major idea
in my mind it, building it as much as flexible. We will create the framework
with the combinations of the team members. This development will be online
and we will use online source controls for both code, and documentation.
I think 5 asp.net experienced team member is enough for this project. I
have lots of personal project experience but I don't have much for the team
projects. I prefer developers that have worked a similar projects.
There is no charge to be a member either, I don't pay for you. Please
contact with me individually to become a team member.

These are the ideas that i want to apply in this portal

Role-based security
Dynamic user interface
Customizable user-interface entegrated with role-based system.

Kamil Tezduyar

I have already looked at the asp.net's porta starter kit. It was my
starting point to build a portal starter kit. There are differences between
starter kit and portal framework. In portal framework we will use it as our
starting point to build another web site. There are some codes that we must
write, each time we start a new web site. My purpose is building a template
that we should no more repeat same code each time.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Kamil,

Have you got any progress on this issue? As for the three points of your
portal framework you mentiod:

1.Role-based security
2.Dynamic user interface
3.Customizable user-interface entegrated with role-based system.

We can make full use of the .net 's role based security supproting to make
Role-based security(no matter using windows authentication or forms
authentication)

As for Dynamic user interface, I suggest that you have a look at the WSS's
design, it use WebPart as a UI unit and the webpart is actually a web
server control which can be dynamically created and load on to WEB page.
Also , the 3 point is depened on the former twos.

If you have any other good ideas, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Kamil,

Any progress on your project or is there anything else we can help? Please
feel free to post here when you meet any problems. Thanks.