    Is there a way to create an New Outlook Appointment from an ASP.NET
    application? I would also need to check if Outlook is running first. Any
    suggestions, advice?
    chuckdfoster, Dec 21, 2004

  2. chuckdfoster

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    I suggest an easier route. Create an .ICS file that the user simply
    imports/executes to add it to their client outlook settings.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Dec 21, 2004

  3. chuckdfoster

    chuckdfoster Guest

    Could you give me some code to get me started. I understand what a ICS file
    looks like, but how do you get it to save to the client's PC? Is there a
    way to do it withou them being prompted to Save,Open, Cancel? Thanks for
    your help.

    chuckdfoster, Dec 22, 2004
  4. chuckdfoster

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    You dont... What I mean is generate it on your server and feed it up, let
    the client choose to save or execute it (import)

    Curt_C [MVP], Dec 22, 2004
  5. chuckdfoster

    chuckdfoster Guest

    Can you give me insight as to how the whole process works and what happens
    where? As you can tell, I haven't been developing ASP.NET for very long (a
    few months). I apoligize for the inexperiece.

    chuckdfoster, Dec 22, 2004
  6. chuckdfoster

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Look at creating a text file (that's all it is). There are plenty of sample
    on the net. Just google it or hit www.asp.net for plenty of examples.

    No worries on being new, we all were at one point.

    Curt_C [MVP], Dec 22, 2004
  7. chuckdfoster

    chuckdfoster Guest

    I found it on the web. I found the sample code at
    http://www.devx.com/getHelpOn/10MinuteSolution/20508/0/page/4

    For anyone who needs it, here is my code....For DTSTART and DTEND the value
    is yyyymmddThhmmssZ (greenwich time).
    System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

    Dim strFile As String

    Dim strvCalendar

    strFile = "BEGIN : VCALENDAR" & vbCrLf & _

    "PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 11.0 MIMEDIR//EN"
    & vbCrLf & _

    "VERSION:1.0" & vbCrLf & _

    "BEGIN : VEVENT" & vbCrLf & _

    "DTSTART:20041223T143000Z" & vbCrLf & _

    "DTEND:20041223T150000Z" & vbCrLf & _

    "LOCATION;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:IT Conference Room" &
    vbCrLf & _

    "DESCRIPTION;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:The team has voted to
    have Turnover" & vbCrLf & _

    "SUMMARY;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Financial Call Team
    Turnover Meeting" & vbCrLf & _

    "PRIORITY:3" & vbCrLf & _

    "End : VEVENT" & vbCrLf & _

    "End : VCALENDAR"

    Response.ContentType = "text/x-vCalendar"

    Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "filename=Event1" &
    ".vcs;")

    Response.Write(strFile)

    Response.End()

    End Sub