Create an .sln file for an existing ASP.NET application

Bruce

I just copied the file folder containing an ASP.NET application from a
backup on network share, to a new development workstation. But in the
process, I've lost the .sln file.

(BTW, I am accostomed moreso to .NET Windows Forms development, where the
..sln (and other metadata files) are all self-contained within the project
file. In that case, I never have problems moving the project from one
system or folder to another.)

How do you create a new .sln file for an existing porject folder? Or, am I
way off base here and there is a "big picture" solution moving a project
folder from one folder to another.

Thanks, Bruce

From the Visual Studio menu choose "File | New | Project..."
From the resulting dialog, under "Other Project Types" choose "Visual Studio
Solutions" and create a blank solution.
Then from the Visual Studio menu choose "File | Add | Existing Web Site" and
point it to your web site to add it to your new solution.

Bruce

Steve,

Excellent, just what I needed!! Worked find. Thanks.

Rhetorical question for Visual Studio team.... how would anyone ever
conclude this, without putting a posting on a newsgroup??

Cheers, Bruce