creating cookies. This was the question: "Which object or objects will you
use to create and retrieve cookies"... 6 alternative answer were listed,
below I show only 2 most relevant alternatives

#1 )
Request.Cookies to create cookies
Response.Cookies to retrieve Cookies

#2 )
Request.Cookies to retrieve cookies
Response.Cookies to create cookies

I'm wondering if alterntieve #1 is correct here... do you agree on that???

I get a bit confused on this because the collection of cookies are available
at both Request and Response.

Jeff

Mohsin Rizvi

Hello Jeff!

Thanks for the post.

Yes you are right that the question is a bit confusing. The correct
answer for your question is alternative #2.

Response.Cookies is used to "create" and "modify" cookies whereas to
retrieve a cookie value, Request.Cookies is used.

Regards,
Mohsin Rizvi

Mark Rae

ASP.NET 2.0

I'm preparing for a certification exam on asp.net 2.0 and yesterday I took
a skill assessment test on microsoft.com. One of the questions was about

#1 )

#2 )
Request.Cookies to retrieve cookies
Response.Cookies to create cookies

I'm wondering if alterntieve #1 is correct here... do you agree on that???

I get a bit confused on this because the collection of cookies are
available at both Request and Response.

IMO, the above is a perfect illustration of the total and utter waste of
time that is the Microsoft certification program...

There is simply no merit whatsoever in being able to "remember" the above -
if you can, you maybe save yourself the few seconds required to look it up
in the MSDN library or through a Google search. If you work with cookies all
the time, then you'll already know this - if you work with cookies only
occasionally, then you'll look it up for a few seconds and then forget it
again until you need to know it next time - you simply don't need to be able
to regurgitate this stuff out verbatim...

If the question was related to related even slightly to when it's a good
idea to use cookies and when it isn't, or what to do if the browser doesn't
accept cookies, or whatever, then that would be different - that would be
applied knowledge and, as such, of some use.

But the simply ability to retain a bunch of meaningless facts for 24 hours
is of on use to anyone.

Why are you even considering taking a Microsoft certification exam?

What do you hope to gain by it?

Which idiot are you hoping to impress with it...?

You don't seriously think that being able to pass a Microsoft certification
exam demonstrates even the slightest ability to put any of the "learning"
you've retained for 24 hours to any sort of practical use, do you...? Surely
not...!

Jeff

Hey Mark!

I totally agree with you. Well I'm not actually preparing for a microsoft
certification exam. I'm preparing for a test by www.123assess.com . It's a
recruiting company which wants me to take a C# test at www.123assess.com (I
mentioned microsoft exam in my first post, because I thought these test was
very much the same).

Hmm I've worked with someone who have taken over 50 microsoft exams... I
thought he were the experts... so I asked him a simple question about .net
2.0.. he didn't know the answer... so these exams are pretty useless.. but
I do it if I can get a better paid job as a developer...

Any thoughts about www.123assess.com exams? are they much the same as the
exams provided by microsoft?

Jeff

Mark Rae

recruiting company which wants me to take a C# test at www.123assess.com
(I mentioned microsoft exam in my first post, because I thought these test
was very much the same).

Is this the only company who's hiring at the moment...? Walk away from
them...
Hmm I've worked with someone who have taken over 50 microsoft exams... I
thought he were the experts... so I asked him a simple question about .net
2.0.. he didn't know the answer... so these exams are pretty useless..
but I do it if I can get a better paid job as a developer...

You also need to ask yourself do you want to work for anyone who knows so
little about real-world software development that they perceive any value in
these pointless tests...

If I had to choose between two job applicants, I would always choose the one
who had the fewer MCPs, preferably none at all...
Any thoughts about www.123assess.com exams? are they much the same as the
exams provided by microsoft?

I have no idea...