create aspnetdb from scratch

Mr. X.

Hello.
How can I create aspnetdb from scratch ?
(I want a script that create all table, views, etc... on that database).

Thanks :)

bruce barker

build the database once, then use enterprise manager or a database project to
generate the scripts

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Mr. X.

If the DB was just on my computer, I could do it long time ago,
but the database, which is aspnetdb - a specific database, that for some
unknown reason, Microsoft enforce someone who deploy his site to have,
should be on the hosting site only SQL-Server 2005.

I try some ways to create a database :
founded on http://www.4shared.com/file/59591680/a5b7abdf/ASPNETDB_TMP.html,
.... then by Microsoft SQL Server Management I created a "bak" file,
but the hosting provider tell me everything O.K, except I should send him a
SQL-Server 2005.

I don't know how to check the version of SQL-Server 2005 (of the link
above),
but if I found a link as the previous one (for SQL-Server 2005), it would be
fine.

I just need a file : bakup file or script file, that I can put on the
hosting server, without any problems.
I am searching that file (.bak or .sql of SQL-Server 2005 version), but I
didn't find yet.
I don't know why just putting a file on the internet, and save efforts
creating it, since this is a standard file (aspnetdb), that always should be
when deploying my site.

If you have a link to that file (bak or sql for SQL-Server 2005 version), it
would be great.

Please, help.

Thanks :)

Mr. X.

Hi.

First time after deployment on VS 2008.
(Just create the login wizard in VS 2008 - VB, and deploy).

The I got the following error :
======================

Server Error in '/' Application.

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to failure in
retrieving the user's local application data path. Please make sure the user
has a local user profile on the computer. The connection will be closed.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Failed to generate a
user instance of SQL Server due to failure in retrieving the user's local
application data path. Please make sure the user has a local user profile on
the computer. The connection will be closed.

Source Error:

******
******
After looking in google (I may be wrong, but too much sites, telling the
same),
I see that the above is related to sqlnetdb.mdf, and I should create one.
Yet, I don't use any database.

Here is the web.config, what the deployment enviormnet by VS 2008 put
automatically :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings/>
<system.web>
<!--
Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging
symbols into the compiled page. Because this
affects performance, set this value to true only
during development.

Visual Basic options:
Set strict="true" to disallow all data type conversions
where data loss can occur.
Set explicit="true" to force declaration of all variables.
-->
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
</compilation>
<pages>
<namespaces>
<clear/>
<add namespace="System"/>
<add namespace="System.Collections"/>
<add namespace="System.Collections.Generic"/>
<add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>
<add namespace="System.Configuration"/>
<add namespace="System.Text"/>
<add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>
<add namespace="System.Linq"/>
<add namespace="System.Xml.Linq"/>
<add namespace="System.Web"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>
<add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>
</namespaces>
</pages>
<!--
The <authentication> section enables configuration
of the security authentication mode used by
ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
-->
<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<!--
The <customErrors> section enables configuration
of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs
during the execution of a request. Specifically,
it enables developers to configure html error pages
to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
</customErrors>
-->
</system.web>
<system.codedom>
</system.codedom>
<!--
The system.webServer section is required for running ASP.NET AJAX
under Internet
Information Services 7.0. It is not necessary for previous version
of IIS.
-->
<system.webServer>
</system.webServer>
</configuration>

Second : I put the file on the link I gave
==============================
http://www.4shared.com/file/59591680/a5b7abdf/ASPNETDB_TMP.html
and also the ASPNETDB_TMP_log.LDF

What I see, that this database is just using to record and trace members (or
something like that).

I have tried to add a reference in web.config like this :
<configuration>
<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="data
source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated
Security=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|aspnetdb.mdf;User
Instance=true"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

Still I got the same error.

The hosting company supports sqlexpress & also sql-server 2005, and insist
to send them a ".bak" or ".sql" version
of SQL-Server-2005.

Neighter of them are right, since they are not SQL-Server-2005 version.

I would be glade, whether I not need now the ASPNETDB.MDF (for some reason,
I understood that aspnetdb.mdf is a database that must be on server site,
when doing deployment, and also app_data folder).

Look for any solution.

Thanks :)

Rob Lynch

http://lynchtek.com/blog/post/2009/...-ASPNETDB-Usefull-for-hosted-environment.aspx

There is a "Use ASPNETDB" statement on the top, without a "Create DATABASE ASPNETDB" first. If you just want the tables in a normal db (something i am usually trying to do), just comment out the use aspnetdb.

Hope that helps.

Rob

sloan wrote:

Re: create aspnetdb from scratch
28-Oct-08

This link
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!160.entr
has the link to the cmd line tool to create a fresh / blank db. (scottg
link
My addition is a "data transferer"

create aspnetdb from scratch
Hello
How can I create aspnetdb from scratch
(I want a script that create all table, views, etc... on that database)

Thanks :)

Re: create aspnetdb from scratch
This link
http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!160.entr
has the link to the cmd line tool to create a fresh / blank db. (scottg
link
My addition is a "data transferer"

Re: create aspnetdb from scratch
I need especially the aspnetdb database's scrip
In that site
(http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!160.entr
) for creating all the elements (tables, views, etc...)
that I should copy & paste it into Query Analyser on my site

Thanks :)

build the database once, then use enterprise manager or a database project to
build the database once, then use enterprise manager or a database project t
generate the script

-- bruce (sqlwork.com

:

[...]

You are not forced to deploy this db. Either you have something in your web.
You are not forced to deploy this db. Either you have something in your
web.config that tells to use this db either your provider is forcing its
use

Though creating a dummy db would solve your problem I would rather check the
web.config file to make sure it is not used unintentionaly (as you don't
need it locally it would seem your hoster is forcing (unintentionaly) this
use ???

-
Patric

"Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> a ?crit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : (e-mail address removed)...

[...]

How to display a Gravatar Image with 100 Percent Client Script Code
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...c-b0877c10ecb4/how-to-display-a-gravatar.aspx