Create dynamic control with custom properties in my CMS

anthonykallay

Hi,

I have built a CMS system that works fine, the one problem i have come
up against is adding custom controls to certain pages with properties,
in my design i have a field that a user can select a custom control i
have built (news, events etc) this works great as long as the control
doesnt have any custom properties, for example if i was hardcoding the
website and i ahve 2 caegories for my news (1,2) i would insert the
following code straight onto the page, simple

<uc1:Headlines ID="Headlines1" CategoryID="1" runat="server"></
uc1:Headlines>
<uc1:Headlines ID="Headlines2" CategoryID="2" runat="server"></
uc1:Headlines>

Like wise for different types of events i would enter

<uc1:Events ID="Events1" CategoryID="1" runat="server"></uc1:Events>
<uc1:Events ID="Events2" CategoryID="2" runat="server"></uc1:Events>

As i say pretty simple stuff, ideally i would then like to have the
dropdown for the users to select the control(news,events) and then
another field which is the category to be applied to whichever control
they selected (1,2..) Does this make sense, is this possible??

I have seen the approach of adding properties to dynamic controls but
to do this you need to know the Type of control just loaded and as the
user can select any number of controls from the dropdown the type is
unknown at execution??

Please could someone give me some advice as this is the last sumbling
block of my CMS and im stuck without a workaround

Cheers
Anthony