    sending.

    All the machines are running at least IE6 and have at least MS Office 2000.

    Can anyone make any suggestions on how I can do this, or if it's possible?

    N, Dec 13, 2004

  2. In article <dp6vd.474909$Pl.325945@pd7tw1no>, says...
    > I have an intranet webpage that currently generates new messages with
    > preloaded SUBJECT, FROM, TO, etc... It works well and it meets the current
    > needs.

    You really need to use form mail. It works a lot better, and is simple
    to do. If you google "free form mail" you will find a whole bunch of
    services .

    --
    -=*Tn*=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 13, 2004

  3. N

    rf Guest

    N wrote:

    > I have an intranet webpage that currently generates new messages with
    > preloaded SUBJECT, FROM, TO, etc... It works well and it meets the current
    > needs.

    So, you are using mailto? OK for a totally controlled internet.

    > I've just been told of some upcoming changes for the page and I need to be
    > able to include message content and maybe even attachments. I don't have

    any
    > processing ability on the server so ASP is out.
    >
    > Is it possible to using scripting to generate an object and send an email
    > this way? I still need to rely on the client software to actually do the
    > sending.
    >
    > All the machines are running at least IE6 and have at least MS Office

    2000.

    > Can anyone make any suggestions on how I can do this, or if it's possible?

    Add &body= to the end of what you have. You would have to test it to make
    sure the IE Outlook combination works.

    BTW I found this by googling for "mailto subject from to", the very first
    hit.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 13, 2004
  4. N

    rf Guest

    rf miswrote
    > N wrote:
    >
    > > I have an intranet webpage that currently generates new messages with
    > > preloaded SUBJECT, FROM, TO, etc... It works well and it meets the

    current
    > > needs.

    > So, you are using mailto? OK for a totally controlled internet.

    Ra. IntRAnet. :-(

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 13, 2004
  5. N

    Neal Guest

    rf:

    > Ra. IntRAnet. :-(

    <cheerleader>
    Ra ra ra! Who's got HTML spirit? We do! We do!
    </cheerleader>

    (Reminds me of an old cheer: Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee/Rah rah
    rass, kick 'em in the other knee...)

    Neal, Dec 13, 2004
  6. N wrote:

    > I have an intranet webpage that currently generates new messages with
    > preloaded SUBJECT, FROM, TO, etc... It works well and it meets the current
    > needs.
    >
    > I've just been told of some upcoming changes for the page and I need to be
    > able to include message content and maybe even attachments. I don't have
    > any processing ability on the server so ASP is out.
    >
    > Is it possible to using scripting to generate an object and send an email
    > this way? I still need to rely on the client software to actually do the
    > sending.
    >
    > All the machines are running at least IE6 and have at least MS Office
    > 2000.
    >
    > Can anyone make any suggestions on how I can do this, or if it's possible?

    I actually create a proper E-mail using JavaScript.

    http://www.schestowitz.com/Feedback/

    Prevents spam too!

    Roy

    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 13, 2004
  7. N

    rf Guest

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > I actually create a proper E-mail using JavaScript.

    You don't "create a proper email using javascript" here. You are just
    sending it off to mailto: using the form action.

    > http://www.schestowitz.com/Feedback/

    Your browser sniffer needs a serious overhall.

    It reports Opera, IE5, IE5.5 and IE6 as IE4 whereas it reports IE4 as
    nothing.

    It reports Firefox as Netscape 5 (Hint, there never was a Netscape 5, just
    IIRC a beta).

    navigator.appName is a very poor way to determine which browser is being
    used.

    > Prevents spam too!

    How? Your email address is there in plain text. More importantly it
    immediately follows mailto:. I would think that a harvestor would find it
    instantly :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 13, 2004
  8. N

    C.W. Guest

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:46:06 -0500, Neal <> wrote:

    >rf:
    >
    >> Ra. IntRAnet. :-(

    ><cheerleader>
    >Ra ra ra! Who's got HTML spirit? We do! We do!
    ></cheerleader>
    >
    >(Reminds me of an old cheer: Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee/Rah rah
    >rass, kick 'em in the other knee...)

    Hehehehe! Or the ever classic, from my school days, "Omph! Ah! Kick
    'em in the As ... aphalt"

    Carol

    C.W., Dec 13, 2004
  9. rf wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> I actually create a proper E-mail using JavaScript.

    > You don't "create a proper email using javascript" here. You are just
    > sending it off to mailto: using the form action.
    >
    >> http://www.schestowitz.com/Feedback/

    You interpreted that very literally. JavaScripts assembles some values so
    that I get information that I'm after.

    > Your browser sniffer needs a serious overhall.
    >
    > It reports Opera, IE5, IE5.5 and IE6 as IE4 whereas it reports IE4 as
    > nothing.
    >
    > It reports Firefox as Netscape 5 (Hint, there never was a Netscape 5, just
    > IIRC a beta).
    >
    > navigator.appName is a very poor way to determine which browser is being
    > used.

    Yes, I know. Do you think I _really_ mind? *smile*

    >> Prevents spam too!

    > How? Your email address is there in plain text. More importantly it
    > immediately follows mailto:. I would think that a harvestor would find it
    > instantly :)

    It's not my E-mail address. Not address you see above either... these are
    addresses I try to check once a week. 90%+ is spam.

    Thanks Richard.

    Roy

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 13, 2004
  10. In article <>,
    says...
    > (Reminds me of an old cheer: Rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee/Rah rah
    > rass, kick 'em in the other knee...)

    "Hit'em high... Hit'em low...."
    "Hit'em where their cherry's grow...."
    --
    -=*Tn*=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 13, 2004
  11. While the city slept, Roy Schestowitz ()
    feverishly typed...

    > rf wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    [Roy's javascript email form]

    >>> Prevents spam too!

    >> How? Your email address is there in plain text. More importantly it
    >> immediately follows mailto:. I would think that a harvestor would
    >> find it instantly :)

    > It's not my E-mail address. Not address you see above either... these
    > are addresses I try to check once a week. 90%+ is spam.

    So, it goes to an address you only check once a week, which receives over
    90% spam, yet you claim your script prevents spam?

    And let's read this another way... You are promoting a script that sends
    email to an account that is so innundated with spam (surely not helped by
    having the address in plain text on the web page, and preceded by "mailto:")
    that you only check it once a week?

    And one more way... You have a form on a web site that sends the results to
    an email account that you only check once a week? The Royal Mail is more
    efficient than that!

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --