    Tabo Guest

    I want to create a excel file by using web serivce. Can
    web service do that? and how? Thanks.
    Tabo, Oct 14, 2003

  2. You can use the OLEDB driver to create XLS files in a server environment.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306572

    In your case you want a web services, so you would build an ASMX not an
    ASPX.
    But it's very similar.

    Returning this xls to the client (requestor) could be done in a couple of
    ways.
    a. drop the generated xls file into a directory that is http-accessible. And
    in the web service, return a URL to that xls file.
    b. use DIME to attach the file to the web service response

    --
    Dino Chiesa
    Microsoft Developer Division

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Oct 16, 2003