    a piece of code that I am missing? Please help!

    Thanks,
    Googlie
    Googlie, Jul 19, 2006

  2. Googlie

    tonnie Guest

    tonnie, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Googlie

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Googlie wrote:

    > I have an exe file on my web server that I need to be able to download.
    > When I link to it, it times out when you try to click on it. Is there
    > a piece of code that I am missing? Please help!

    If it's a Windows server, you may be accidentally executing the file on
    the server via CGI!

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Googlie

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Googlie wrote:
    > I have an exe file on my web server that I need to be able to download.
    > When I link to it, it times out when you try to click on it. Is there
    > a piece of code that I am missing? Please help!

    Are you trying to download it with a browser or an ftp agent? There are
    quite a few file types that will not download when using a browser,
    including several types of media files. Sometimes one browser will work
    and not another. Also there are several settings on servers and
    browsers that can complicate things.

    I have the best luck both downloading and uploading by using an ftp
    agent. I am able to download .exe as well as many problem media files.
    I use the CuteFTP Professional ftp agent which you have to buy, but I
    believe you can find some free ones, and an ftp agent may be included
    or is avaliable as a plugin for some browsers. My ftp agent does not
    need any browser turned on, as it connects to your server directly.
    cwdjrxyz, Jul 19, 2006