    Maybe using XSLT ? I'd like to use it on an HTML web page.

    thanks !
    Ralf

    Ralf Höppner, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Ralf Höppner

    Soren Kuula Guest

    Ralf Höppner wrote:
    > Does anyone know, if it is possible to create an explorer-like expandable
    > tree from an XML File ?
    > Maybe using XSLT ? I'd like to use it on an HTML web page.

    Sure !

    There are several open source packages available for creating tree views
    in web pages. If JRun means anything to you, they have used one of
    them for thier over-the-web configuration dialogs.

    Get one of these, and find out how to (JavaScript!) get them to display
    the trees that you want. Then, make an XSL style sheet that churns out
    the right JavaScript for any tree.

    I might even want to join you if you want to do it. But how will you
    present the XML graphically ? Element name next to each node ? Where to
    print attributtes ?

    Soren
    --
    Fjern de 4 bogstaver i min mailadresse som er indsat for at hindre s...
    Remove the 4 letter word meaning "junk mail" in my mail address.

    Soren Kuula, Feb 1, 2004

  3. That's a very good idea !! Thank you for that.
    My XML files has a very simple structure and I just want to display the Text
    between the tags. (just the text nodes)
    I will try out your suggestion!

    thanks again,
    Ralf