create expandable tree from XML

Ralf Höppner

Does anyone know, if it is possible to create an explorer-like expandable
tree from an XML File ?
Maybe using XSLT ? I'd like to use it on an HTML web page.

thanks !
Ralf

Soren Kuula

Ralf said:
Does anyone know, if it is possible to create an explorer-like expandable
tree from an XML File ?
Maybe using XSLT ? I'd like to use it on an HTML web page.

Sure !

There are several open source packages available for creating tree views
in web pages. If JRun means anything to you, they have used one of
them for thier over-the-web configuration dialogs.

Get one of these, and find out how to (JavaScript!) get them to display
the trees that you want. Then, make an XSL style sheet that churns out
the right JavaScript for any tree.

I might even want to join you if you want to do it. But how will you
present the XML graphically ? Element name next to each node ? Where to
print attributtes ?

Soren

Ralf Höppner

That's a very good idea !! Thank you for that.
My XML files has a very simple structure and I just want to display the Text
between the tags. (just the text nodes)
I will try out your suggestion!

thanks again,
Ralf