create file IO file via web service opposite the hebrew characters

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by hadarmorchi@gmail.com, Aug 1, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hi,

    i have a strange problem ,
    i have bulid a win form app thats create EXCEL file from AS400 table .
    the excel file should be sent to my client via Email .... everything
    work Good !!! but ...

    when i converted the app to run as a web service ... the Excel that the
    app create is wrong ...
    all of it's hebrew characters are opposite

    (for example [didnt want to put hebrew characters in this message ...
    so think ABC is in hebrew .... ]: ABC became BCA .... )

    In the win form app its good.
    i've tried to change the web.config ... it didnt work (i replaced the
    utf-8 to be windows-1255 )

    any ideas ????
    10x in advance

    , Aug 1, 2006

  2. Andrew Brook Guest

    Hi, was it in the globalization element that you changed the encoding type?
    e.g
    <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

    Andrew

    Andrew Brook, Aug 2, 2006