Create folder in remote server

sajithm

Hi all,

I have a problem while trying to create folder and files in a remot
storage server using asp.net.

Actually I was trying with filesystem object and this says bad usernam
and passeord,. permission denied etc.

I would be greatful to you if you could help me solving this problm

thanks

Sajit

-
sajith

Scott Allen

Hi sajithm,

You'll need to be running with credentials the remote server
understands and can authenticate.

One way to do this is to run the ASP.NET worker process under a domain
account with permissions on the remote server.

Another option is to shadow the ASPNET account on the remote server by
creating a local ASPNET account on the storage server and matching the
password of the ASPNET account on the web server.

Additional information:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secmod/html/secmod15.asp