    again). Any help would be tremendously appreciated!!!

    Thanks to everyone,

    Chad

    Chad A. Beckner, Jul 2, 2004

  2. Can this be done using a WebClient control?

    Chad

    http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=1916&lngWId=10

    > Or just write it yourself by "displaying webpage entrie" in plate (e.g)

    and
    > when save it into bitmap by using GDI +
    >
    > Hope it helps
    >
    > --
    > Tamir Khason
    > You want dot.NET? Just ask:
    > "Please, www.dotnet.us "
    >

    > "Chad A. Beckner" <> wrote in message
    > > Hey all,
    > >
    > > I've spent about two weeks trying to figure this out. What I need is

    > > script to
    > > grab a webpage and display it as an (thumbnail?) image on one of my

    pages.
    > > GotDotNet has a webservice to do this, but I need everything to be

    > "local",
    > > i.e. I can't call their webservice. Does anyone know where I can find

    the
    > > code to do this (I think I've seen it out there before, just can't find

    it

    Chad A. Beckner, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Chad A. Beckner

    Tamir Khason Guest

    Tamir Khason, Jul 2, 2004
  4. Chad A. Beckner

    Guest

    , Jul 2, 2004
  5. Hello Adam,

    I'm not spamming the groups, and I somewhat resent that statement.
    Besides that, I did follow the link you gave, and it looks promising.
    However, how can this be incorporated to use with the WebBrowser or
    WebClient controls to be used IN a ASPX page?

    Thanks,

    Chad

    P.S. What was your "google" string?

    Chad A. Beckner, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Chad A. Beckner

    Guest

    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:16:50 -0500, "Chad A. Beckner"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello Adam,
    >
    > I'm not spamming the groups, and I somewhat resent that statement.
    >Besides that, I did follow the link you gave, and it looks promising.
    >However, how can this be incorporated to use with the WebBrowser or
    >WebClient controls to be used IN a ASPX page?

    resent all you want,

    step 1) read an understand this code
    step 2) figure out how to launch a program that can render web pages
    step 3) use the code mentioned in step 1 and modify it so that it
    pulls from the program mentioned in step 2 instead of the desktop.
    step 4) integrate it however you want

    if you do not understand how this could potentially work then you are
    probably in over your head. pay someone 50 bucks to write it for you.
    It'll save you time and money.

    -Adam

    , Jul 2, 2004
  7. "Chad A. Beckner" <> schrieb:
    > grab a webpage and display it as an (thumbnail?) image on
    > one of my pages.

    First of all, please don't make excessive use of X-posts...

    <URL:http://sourceforge.net/projects/iecapt/>

    --
    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]
    <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP], Jul 2, 2004
  8. Chad A. Beckner

    DalePres Guest

    It seems to me that virtually every question that is asked here can be
    answered either in MSDN or with a search of the Internet. Besides that, it
    could be that a person can't find the answer because, not understanding the
    answer, they don't know the right keywords or phrases to return the right
    answers in a search. Or maybe they just don't choose to look in those
    places.

    The newsgroups (emphasis on groups) are supposed to be a place where peers
    can get together and share knowledge and questions, not a place where only
    when one has exhausted all resources to the satisfaction of some
    self-appointed monitor, he or she may ask a question.

    I'm curious why you participate in the newsgroups if you find those who
    don't know the same set of things that you know to be so offensive to you.

    Dale

    DalePres, Jul 2, 2004
  9. Chad A. Beckner

    Guest

    I wasn't offended and I wasn't really bothered by the post. This post
    has been resurfacing in many different forms over the last couple
    weeks and it has been discussed multiple times. I am pretty sure it
    was the same person posting with different credentials displayed
    although I didn't bother checking into it. I just assumed because it
    was the exact same question.

    I didn't intend to light a match on this gasoline coverered thread but
    cross posting the same thing over and over is not very nice.

    -Adam

    , Jul 2, 2004
  10. To all:

    My apologies for the multiple posts to the different forums. I had tried
    posting in the dotnet.aspnet and a few other forums, and was not getting the
    information needed. This is a priority project inwhich I needed an answer
    quickly (which has not happened yet). I have posted several different
    version of my post, in a way to see if someone different would catch it and
    be able to help. I have searched the internet, responded to others ideas
    and queries, etc, but have not found a suitable solution yet. As far as as
    Dale's remark, I was not referring to Adam in any degrading manner, but more
    of a response to me spamming the groups. Instead of posting individual
    messages to each forum, I decided to do a group-forum post (as I had tried
    the aspnet group, to no avail), so that if someone does not look at the
    aspnet group, that they might catch it in the csharp group, or web controls
    group. I did not mean to be offensive in any way, and I apologize if anyone
    took it as such. Oh yeah, Dale, why are you posting to the forum when you
    didn't even have anything helpful for me in my search for answers anyways?

    Again, sorry for the multiple posts.

    Chad

    Chad A. Beckner, Jul 2, 2004
  11. Chad,

    "Chad A. Beckner" <> schrieb:
    > Again, sorry for the multiple posts.

    OK :).

    --
    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]
    <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

    Herfried K. Wagner [MVP], Jul 3, 2004
  12. Chad A. Beckner

    DalePres Guest

    I was just defending your right, and my right, to ask questions that could
    be answered on the Internet. Have a nice night and good luck with your
    problem.

    Dale

    DalePres, Jul 3, 2004
  13. "Chad A. Beckner" <> wrote in message
    > To all:
    >
    > My apologies for the multiple posts to the different forums. I had

    tried
    > posting in the dotnet.aspnet and a few other forums, and was not getting

    the
    > information needed. This is a priority project inwhich I needed an answer
    > quickly (which has not happened yet).

    Chad, as I've told you before, there's a reason you're not getting an
    answer. There isn't any cheap, simple, answer, and you're unlikely to create
    one on your own within a reasonable amount of time.

    I recall that you've seen examples of this on the Internet, but is there
    something that makes you and your people believe that achieving this was
    inexpensive? It may be that those examples you've seen are very expensive.

    You also may want to reevaluate the reasons for this requirement. Start from
    what the business goal is, and you may find that there's another way to
    accomplish it.
    --
    John Saunders
    johnwsaundersiii at hotmail