    user is going to put the username & password in Login Page, It will
    check it on XML File. Grab the Username & print Hi Username.

    Thanks

    webmaniac, Nov 18, 2008

  2. webmaniac <> writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know, How to create a Login Page & read the username &
    > password from xml file.
    > Like my XML file is going to store the username & password. & when
    > user is going to put the username & password in Login Page, It will
    > check it on XML File. Grab the Username & print Hi Username.

    You don't want to do this in client-side javascript. Is this homework?

    Joost Diepenmaat, Nov 18, 2008

  3. webmaniac

    Evertjan. Guest

    Joost Diepenmaat wrote on 18 nov 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > webmaniac <> writes:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know, How to create a Login Page & read the username &
    >> password from xml file.
    >> Like my XML file is going to store the username & password. & when
    >> user is going to put the username & password in Login Page, It will
    >> check it on XML File. Grab the Username & print Hi Username.

    > You don't want to do this in client-side javascript. Is this homework?

    A school assignment, methinks.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 18, 2008
  4. Joost Diepenmaat wrote:

    > webmaniac <> writes:

    >> Does anyone know, How to create a Login Page & read the username &
    >> password from xml file.
    >> Like my XML file is going to store the username & password. & when
    >> user is going to put the username & password in Login Page, It will
    >> check it on XML File. Grab the Username & print Hi Username.

    > You don't want to do this in client-side javascript.

    Probably not, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done in
    javascript:

    1. Fetch the XML-file with XmlHttpRequest and extract the stored
    password from it
    2. Encrypt the string that the user typed with a (visible) salt
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/096d1191285a15a4
    3. Compare results

    The problem is what should happen next; there are not many secure ways
    to proceed :) The only way I can think of is to redirect to another
    page based on the unencrypted string that was typed by the user.

    --
    Bart

    Bart Van der Donck, Nov 20, 2008