Create Login page

webmaniac

Hi,

Does anyone know, How to create a Login Page & read the username &
password from xml file.
Like my XML file is going to store the username & password. & when
user is going to put the username & password in Login Page, It will
check it on XML File. Grab the Username & print Hi Username.

Thanks

Joost Diepenmaat

webmaniac said:
Hi,

Does anyone know, How to create a Login Page & read the username &
password from xml file.
Like my XML file is going to store the username & password. & when
user is going to put the username & password in Login Page, It will
check it on XML File. Grab the Username & print Hi Username.

You don't want to do this in client-side javascript. Is this homework?

Evertjan.

Joost Diepenmaat wrote on 18 nov 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
You don't want to do this in client-side javascript. Is this homework?

A school assignment, methinks.

Bart Van der Donck

Joost said:
You don't want to do this in client-side javascript.

Probably not, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done in
javascript:

1. Fetch the XML-file with XmlHttpRequest and extract the stored
password from it
2. Encrypt the string that the user typed with a (visible) salt
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.javascript/msg/096d1191285a15a4
3. Compare results

The problem is what should happen next; there are not many secure ways
to proceed :) The only way I can think of is to redirect to another
page based on the unencrypted string that was typed by the user.