Create New Project Remotely

Jeff Johnson

I've created a few .NET projects sucessfully on my local machine using
Visual Studio 2003. I now want to create my projects on a remote
development server. Every time I try and create the new project (i.e.
http://devServer/newProject), I'm presented with the 'Web Access Failed'
dialog box.

I have done some research and have found some items on permissions, virtual
directories, VS Developers Group, etc. But they haven't helped. What I'm
looking for is someone to point in the right direction so I can create and
develop a new project remotely using VS 2003.

My local machine is XP Pro SP2 and the development server is Win 2000 SP4.
I also have administrator rights on the development server.

Any direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

(My apologies if this isn't the correct newsgroup)

Thanks,

Jeff