Create new web page from another web page

Tracy

I am fairly new to the whole Javascript/ASP programming languages and I
have run into a little snag. I am looking to have one web page create
another, completely different, page. I have graphs that read an XML
page in order to create the desired graphical output. When I want to
have multiple graphs displayed I need an XML page for each graph. Is
there anyway to make my single ASP page create as many separate XML
pages as I want using Javascript?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Tracy said:
I have graphs that read an XML page in order to create the desired
graphical output. When I want to have multiple graphs displayed I
need an XML page for each graph. Is there anyway to make my single
ASP page create as many separate XML pages as I want using Javascript?

No, but you can use Server-Side JScript (Microsoft's ECMAScript
implementation; JavaScript is Netscape's ECMAScript implementation.)

Your ASP script can take parameters, being passed within the URI of a GET
request or within the message body of a POST request. You can access these
on IIS with Request.QueryString(...) or Request.Form(...), respectively.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/html/54d9972a-b6cd-4672-b62a-8793ce8ad335.asp

Then you can generate a different XML document (not: page) depending on
those parameters.

HTH

PointedEars