Create PDF from rendered HTML

Ray Booysen

Hi all

I have a report that opens as an ASP.net webform. I need to take this
output and create a PDF from it. Has anyone attempted this?

I originally planned to override the Render method of the page and get
the HTML that way. But I'm not sure on how to proceed. ;)

Kind Regards
Ray

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Creating the PDF is the easy part, as there are plenty of components that
can do open source. The harder question is getting the rendered page. I
would venture you could grab the output stream via an HttpHandler or
similar, as these bits sit between the client and the page processor.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!

Ray Booysen

Cowboy said:
Creating the PDF is the easy part, as there are plenty of components that
can do open source. The harder question is getting the rendered page. I
would venture you could grab the output stream via an HttpHandler or
similar, as these bits sit between the client and the page processor.
Hi Gregory

I've actually solved this problem, I override the Render method of the
page which spits out the HTML as a stringbuilder.

Thanks! :)