Create Pivot table

Guest

Hello all,

I used to display reports in Excel earlier on my website. Now the client has requested that he would like see reports in Pivot table on the web . The backend is Sql2000. Can you please help in determining hoe we can create a pivot table and display records in it using C#?

Thanks
Ajay

Guest

There's no built in way for you to create pivot table for the thin client using asp.net

There are some third pary controls that can do this though

Check out
http://www.devexpress.com/products/net/aspxgrid/demo.as

----- Ajay wrote: ----

Hello all

I used to display reports in Excel earlier on my website. Now the client has requested that he would like see reports in Pivot table on the web . The backend is Sql2000. Can you please help in determining hoe we can create a pivot table and display records in it using C#

Thank
Ajay

Guest

Isn't there a way by using OWC11 we can create it..logically it's a data binded to x and y axis..may be.
Thank
Ajay

Kevin Spencer

It should be doable using a DataTable. By loading a DataTable, you can copy
its contents to another DataTable by looping through columns and then rows,
rather than by rows and then columns.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

http://www.devexpress.com/products/net/aspxgrid/demo.asp

----- Ajay wrote: -----

Hello all,

I used to display reports in Excel earlier on my website. Now the
client has requested that he would like see reports in Pivot table on the
web . The backend is Sql2000. Can you please help in determining hoe we can
create a pivot table and display records in it using C#?

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

pivot tables in asp.net are implemented thru the Office Web Components
available as a free download from microsoft.