Create read-only document from generated ASP.NET page (aspx)

Guest

How to I solve the following requirement on my application?

On a generated aspx page, there should be a
button "Create Document". When the user clicks
this button, the application creates (on the server
side) a read only document of the current page
and returns this document to the user.

The page I am are talking about is dynamic, based on a single parameter in
the URL.

This is an Intranet application. I know who the user is (and the email
address). Both the server and client is on Windows. The user has Acrobat
Reader and Office installed.

The "Read-Only" requirement is defined so that a normal user with normal
tools shouldn't be able to (easily) change the content of document after it
has been created. A read only pdf document springs to my mind.

The distribution of the generated document can be done via http or email or
perhaps some other method.

Please help me identifing a good solution to this.

Which is the best commercial application for this use?

Are there any open source/freeware like alternatives?

Thank you in advance
/Fredrik

Guest

Is the following solution possible:

1. user clicks button "Create document"
2. system (i.e. the button_click in the code behind) creates an IE control
which programatically surfs to the page and programatically prints to a "pdf
printer".
3. the generated document, or a link to it, is sent to the user.

How would I do step 2?

Are there any better solutions out there? Help appreciated!

/Fredrik