create shell history with python

Joel Juvenal Rivera Rivera

I been thinking how to make a 'bash like history shell' in python,
i don't know if with stdin and stdout i can accomplish this or do i
need something like curses and stuff like that, anyway im start to
figure this out.
Does any body has try this? or have any interesting idea?

--Joel Rivera

Diez B. Roggisch

Joel said:
I been thinking how to make a 'bash like history shell' in python,
i don't know if with stdin and stdout i can accomplish this or do i
need something like curses and stuff like that, anyway im start to
figure this out.
Does any body has try this? or have any interesting idea?

Don't waste your time, use IPython :)

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/

Diez

garabik-news-2005-05