Create subdomain

Roshawn

Hi,

I'm attempting to create a web application and I'd like to use
subdomains (my hosting provider allows this). However, I have a few
questions regarding subdomains and ASP.NET:

1. How do I create a subdomain on my local machine (e.g.
http://xxxxx.localhost/), if it's possible.
2. If I chose to use master pages in this application, would they
work as expected?
3. Does url mapping work with subdomains in ASP.NET?

Thanks,
Roshawn

Roshawn

Michael said:
Hi,

1) you can do this with the Host Header information only on Windows 2000 or
2003, with XP it is not possible to run more then one IIS web site.
Thanks Michael for the tip. I was completely unaware of this issue.

But suppose I tried this to accomplish the same thing with the built-in
web server that comes with VWD Express. Would it work then?

Thanks,
Roshawn