    not being approved until later?

    Thanks,
    Miguel
    shapper, Nov 24, 2008

  2. shapper

    brians[MCSD] Guest

    Hello Miguel - If you set the IsApproved property on the resulting
    MembershipUser, that would lock them out until you later flip it during an
    approval process.

    --
    brians
    http://www.limbertech.com

    brians[MCSD], Nov 25, 2008

  3. shapper

    shapper Guest

    On Nov 25, 12:51 am, brians[MCSD]
    <> wrote:
    > Hello Miguel - If you set the IsApproved property on the resulting
    > MembershipUser, that would lock them out until you later flip it during an
    > approval process.
    >
    > --
    > brianshttp://www.limbertech.com
    >
    > "shapper" wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > I am creating an user that is not approved:

    > > MembershipUser user = Membership.CreateUser(username, password, email,
    > > null, null, false, null, out status);

    > > I need to define its profile ... should I authenticate the user to add
    > > the profile?

    > > But if I do it the user will be loged on which I don't want because it
    > > is not approved.
    > > What are the usual steps to create an user, define its profile but yet
    > > not being approved until later?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Miguel

    Yes, but I am migrating anonymous profile values to the new profile
    after the user is registered.

    After this I need, I think, to delete the anonymous profile using:

    AnonymousIdentificationModule.ClearAnonymousIdentifier();

    But I get the following error:

    System.NotSupportedException: ClearAnonymousIdentifier is not
    supported when the feature is disabled or the user is anonymous.

    But if the user is not approved how can I authenticate it so I can
    delete its anonymous profile?

    This is confusing ...

    Any idea?

    Thanks,