    control an ActiveX control?

    Thanks.

    Chris

    yma, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Hi Chris,

    A custom web control is not an ActiveX control. It's a .Net web control.
    Your end users will have to have the .Net Framework installed in order to
    browse your pages which have web controls in them.

    To get started, please look at this tutorial.
    http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webctrlauthoring.aspx

    Thank you, Mike
    Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

    --------------------
    > From: "yma" <>
    > Subject: Create web control
    > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:47:13 -0000
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
    phx.gbl

    Mike Moore [MSFT], Dec 9, 2003

  3. yma

    yma Guest

    Hi,

    > Your end users will have to have the .Net Framework installed in order to
    > browse your pages which have web controls in them.

    Is the clients need to install .Net Framework for the build-in web controls
    (those in the vs.net)?

    ""Mike Moore [MSFT]"" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Chris,
    >
    > A custom web control is not an ActiveX control. It's a .Net web control.
    > Your end users will have to have the .Net Framework installed in order to
    > browse your pages which have web controls in them.
    >
    > To get started, please look at this tutorial.
    > http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webctrlauthoring.aspx
    >
    > Thank you, Mike
    > Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional
    >
    > Microsoft highly recommends to all of our customers that they visit the
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect site and perform the three

    straightforward
    > steps listed to improve your computer's security.
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no

    rights.

    > --------------------
    > > From: "yma" <>
    > > Subject: Create web control
    > > Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:47:13 -0000
    > > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols

    cpmsftngxa07.phx.gbl!cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP09.

    yma, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Hi Chris,

    I must apologize, my previous answer was completely wrong. I got .NET web
    forms controls mixed up with .NET windows forms controls.

    The built-in controls and custom web controls do not require that the end
    user install .NET. These controls are sent to the client as HTML.

    To get started, please look at this tutorial.
    http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webctrlauthoring.aspx

    You might also be interested in .NET web forms user controls. These also
    work fine without .NET installed on the end user machines.

    Here's a tutorial for .NET web forms user controls
    http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webpagelets.aspx

    Does this answer your question?

    Thank you, Mike
    Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional