Create web control

yma

Hi,

Where can I find any information on how to create a web control? Is a web
control an ActiveX control?

Thanks.

Chris

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi Chris,

A custom web control is not an ActiveX control. It's a .Net web control.
Your end users will have to have the .Net Framework installed in order to
browse your pages which have web controls in them.

To get started, please look at this tutorial.
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webctrlauthoring.aspx

Thank you, Mike
Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

--------------------

yma

Hi,
Your end users will have to have the .Net Framework installed in order to
browse your pages which have web controls in them.

Is the clients need to install .Net Framework for the build-in web controls
(those in the vs.net)?

"Mike Moore [MSFT]" said:
Hi Chris,

A custom web control is not an ActiveX control. It's a .Net web control.
Your end users will have to have the .Net Framework installed in order to
browse your pages which have web controls in them.

To get started, please look at this tutorial.
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webctrlauthoring.aspx

Thank you, Mike
Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

steps listed to improve your computer's security.

--------------------
From: "yma" <[email protected]>
Subject: Create web control
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:47:13 -0000
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols

Hi,

Where can I find any information on how to create a web control? Is a web
control an ActiveX control?

Thanks.

Chris

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi Chris,

I must apologize, my previous answer was completely wrong. I got .NET web
forms controls mixed up with .NET windows forms controls.

The built-in controls and custom web controls do not require that the end
user install .NET. These controls are sent to the client as HTML.

To get started, please look at this tutorial.
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webctrlauthoring.aspx

You might also be interested in .NET web forms user controls. These also
work fine without .NET installed on the end user machines.

Here's a tutorial for .NET web forms user controls
http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/webpagelets.aspx

Does this answer your question?

Subject: Re: Create web control

From: "yma" <[email protected]>