    should I do to make such a form in html?

    Best Regards,

    Rajesh

    Rajesh Bhulai, Mar 31, 2007

  2. Rajesh Bhulai wrote:
    > I'm trying to create a website with a connection to MSAcess. The input
    > of the website will be MS Access and the result of a query will be the
    > website. Can somebody helping me in creating such a link? And what
    > should I do to make such a form in html?

    Using MS Access as your online database is not a good idea. MS Access
    uses page locks (instead of record locks), and does have a very bad
    reputation in terms of performance for online queries.
    Try to shift to something more suitable, such as MS SQL or, if money is
    a problem, MySQL.

    HTH
    bernhard

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply

    Bernhard Sturm, Mar 31, 2007

  3. Rajesh Bhulai

    Tom Miller Guest

    > I'm trying to create a website with a connection to MSAcess. The input of
    > the website will be MS Access and the result of a query will be the
    > website. Can somebody helping me in creating such a link? And what should
    > I do to make such a form in html?

    Rajesh,
    What your asking to do is your basic fancy scripting using 1st the Html form
    to allow you to submit a request with the data to tell the script your
    starting up what you want to retrieve.

    Then a script (Asp/Vbscript, Php, Asp .net, perl, coldfusion etc) has to run
    on the server to retrieve the data from access and then to literally write
    the html page that is then served back to you.

    If I were to just tell you what the connection code was it really wouldn't
    help. You need the entire framework of code. And you have to know a little
    bit of Sql too.

    FrontPage2002 has a DB wizard that will generate this kind of
    code/connection for Access. To use it you must be running IIS (or a
    webserver that supports the scripting language and DB your using) on the
    workstation.

    Tom Miller, Apr 1, 2007