Create Website like MS Access

Rajesh Bhulai

I'm trying to create a website with a connection to MSAcess. The input
of the website will be MS Access and the result of a query will be the
website. Can somebody helping me in creating such a link? And what
should I do to make such a form in html?

Best Regards,

Rajesh

Bernhard Sturm

Rajesh said:
I'm trying to create a website with a connection to MSAcess. The input
of the website will be MS Access and the result of a query will be the
website. Can somebody helping me in creating such a link? And what
should I do to make such a form in html?

Using MS Access as your online database is not a good idea. MS Access
uses page locks (instead of record locks), and does have a very bad
reputation in terms of performance for online queries.
Try to shift to something more suitable, such as MS SQL or, if money is
a problem, MySQL.

HTH
bernhard

Tom Miller

I'm trying to create a website with a connection to MSAcess. The input of
the website will be MS Access and the result of a query will be the
website. Can somebody helping me in creating such a link? And what should
I do to make such a form in html?
Rajesh,
What your asking to do is your basic fancy scripting using 1st the Html form
to allow you to submit a request with the data to tell the script your
starting up what you want to retrieve.

Then a script (Asp/Vbscript, Php, Asp .net, perl, coldfusion etc) has to run
on the server to retrieve the data from access and then to literally write
the html page that is then served back to you.

If I were to just tell you what the connection code was it really wouldn't
help. You need the entire framework of code. And you have to know a little
bit of Sql too.

FrontPage2002 has a DB wizard that will generate this kind of
code/connection for Access. To use it you must be running IIS (or a
webserver that supports the scripting language and DB your using) on the
workstation.