    --------------------------------
    From: Sean Liong

    -----------------------

    <Id>lvslKq+SH0eLlfaRpAsURQ==</Id>
    Sean Liong via .NET 247, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Sean Liong via .NET 247

    bradley Guest

    What type of storage file are you thinking about? Of course cookies are an
    option.

    "Sean Liong via .NET 247" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any possibilities Read/Write a the storage file from a client

    system from a ASP.net web application?
    > I think using the activeX component able to achieve this but is there any

    other ways?

    bradley, Jun 8, 2005

  3. What about "talking" to CDROM device on the client PC. Like ejecting the
    CDROM device, copy files from the cdrom device or play songs using the
    ASP.net web based application?

    In short, having Read/Write access to the CDROM device?

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Sean Liong via .NET 247

    bradley Guest

    Web based technology does not access the local file system. What you are
    describing would be something like an ActiveX control embedded in a web
    page. Also, read up on "smart client" applicatons in MSDN. However, these
    are not true web applications but rather internet enabled windows
    applications.

    bradley, Jun 9, 2005