CreateObject error

Minny

I've got an asp page using CDONTS for mail. It's running on an NT4
server with the latest updates. I don't have any problems with the
page except I want to convert it to a vbscript (.vbs) file so that I
can schedule it to run with Task Scheduler. So the original page
works fine.

I've copied the page code and edited it to scripting standards and
saved it as a .vbs file. It's on the same server as the original asp
page.

But I get this error when it runs:
ActiveX component can't create object: 'CDONTS.NewMail'

I launch it thru a mapped drive on my local machine and a double
click.

I've searched the www high and low and can't find any solution that
works - or makes sense to me.

Any help is appreciated.

Steven Burn

Might help if you posted the code causing the error? (including the first
few lines before and after)

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

I launch it thru a mapped drive

Why? If it's running on the local machine, and scheduled from the local
machine, use a local drive letter.

If you're trying to run it from another machine, you need to make sure it
can actually run *on that machine* -- that's where CDONTS.NewMail needs to
be available (and you need sufficient privileges to instantiate it
remotely). If the other system is Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, it
doesn't have CDONTS.NewMail. CDONTS has been deprecated anyway, so you
should use CDO.Message (see http://www.aspfaq.com/2026).

Dominique

do a check c:\winnt\system32 folder for cdosys.*

if you say you got all the latest updates i bet it should be there.. so use