CreateObject Exception in ASP - Win2003 & IIS6

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by shall@uaex.edu, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I copied ASP( Classic) pages from NT4 to Server2003.
    One asp page calls a Foxpro DLL.

    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'

    CreateObject Exception

    /mypage.asp

    The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005

    Microsoft Active Server Pages error '80020009'

    An external object raised an error. No Error Description Available.

    /mypage.asp, line 123

    '''''''''''''''''''''''''' Below is the line of code that bombs ==

    set oDLL = Server.CreateObject("PgmPow.fcsPow")

    This exception happens sporadically.
    I have registered the DLL. It works a few days or over a week before I
    get the above error.

    Comments?
    TIA
    Steve

    , Jan 23, 2008

  2. <> wrote in message
    > I copied ASP( Classic) pages from NT4 to Server2003.
    > One asp page calls a Foxpro DLL.
    >
    > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'
    >
    > CreateObject Exception
    >
    > /mypage.asp
    >
    > The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005
    >
    > Microsoft Active Server Pages error '80020009'
    >
    > An external object raised an error. No Error Description Available.
    >
    > /mypage.asp, line 123
    >
    > '''''''''''''''''''''''''' Below is the line of code that bombs ==
    >
    > set oDLL = Server.CreateObject("PgmPow.fcsPow")
    >
    > This exception happens sporadically.
    > I have registered the DLL. It works a few days or over a week before I
    > get the above error.

    There is a fault in the DLL. C0000005 is an Access Violation. Is this DLL
    expecting to be use in a multithreaded server environment?

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jan 23, 2008

    On Jan 23, 12:52 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > I copied ASP( Classic)  pages from NT4 to Server2003.
    > > One asp page calls a Foxpro DLL.

    > > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'

    > > CreateObject Exception

    > > /mypage.asp

    > > The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception  C0000005

    > > Microsoft Active Server Pages error '80020009'

    > > An external object raised an error. No Error Description Available.

    > > /mypage.asp, line 123

    > > ''''''''''''''''''''''''''  Below is the line of code that bombs ==

    > > set oDLL = Server.CreateObject("PgmPow.fcsPow")

    > > This exception happens sporadically.
    > > I have registered the DLL. It works a few days or over a week before I
    > > get the above error.

    > There is a fault in the DLL.  C0000005 is an Access Violation.  Is this DLL
    > expecting to be use in a multithreaded server  environment?
    >
    > --
    > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET- Hide quoted text -

    Yes- I created the DLL as a multithreaded object.
    We could have several people calling this DLL from the same web page.

    Thanks.
    Steve

    , Jan 24, 2008
  4. <> wrote in message
    >On Jan 23, 12:52 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    >
    >Yes- I created the DLL as a multithreaded object.
    >We could have several people calling this DLL from the same web page.

    Apartment Threaded
    Retain In Memory
    Unattended

    ?

    What about its dependant components. Something in this binary is generating
    an access violation which usually means either there is a buggy component at
    play or a component is being used in an unexpected way.

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jan 24, 2008

    On Jan 24, 10:52 am, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > >On Jan 23, 12:52 pm, "Anthony Jones" <> wrote:

    > >Yes- I created the DLL as a multithreaded object.
    > >We could have several people calling this DLL from the same web page.

    > Apartment Threaded
    > Retain In Memory
    > Unattended
    >
    > ?
    >
    > What about its dependant components.  Something in this binary is generating
    > an access violation which usually means either there is a buggy component at
    > play or a component is being used in an unexpected way.
    >
    > --
    > Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Not sure- When I build it ,on server 2003, in Visual Foxpro 6, I
    select option "Multi-threaded COM server (dll)
    like I always have. I did NOT have this problem on NT4.
    I did a "regsvr32 " on my DLL, like I always have.
    I'll do some reserach on it.

    Thanks.Steve

    , Jan 24, 2008