CreateObject Failure

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by G. Harland, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. G. Harland

    G. Harland Guest

    I have a webservice that is attempting to issue a CreateObject call for a
    COM+ component.

    When the code passes the name of a load balanced node, it fails. When the
    code passes a name of one of the servers in the cluster, it works.

    examples:
    CreateObject("my_component","cluster.name.fails") ' this fails
    CreateObject("my_component","servername_in_the_cluster") ' this works

    Before I go off and start fighting with our server support staff over this,
    is it even possible to issue the cluster name? The help docs say it can
    resolve through DNS or IP address, so is it possible I need to pass the IP to
    the node? Or is it a code problem, where I will have to change my code to
    not call the node?

    Any help/suggestions/ideas would be much obliged.

    Thanks,
    Glenn Harland

    G. Harland, Aug 2, 2005

  2. G. Harland

    David Talbot Guest

    I'd lay 10:1 odds it's a permissions issue. If you're trying to execute these
    COM+ calls from within the asp.net worker process, the asp.net worker process
    will need the privledges to execute your com+ components.

    David Talbot, Aug 2, 2005