CreateObject not working in Win2003

David

We have a web application that calls a VB dll in one of the asp pages. It
works fine on the old NT server but does not display results on the Windows
2003 server (IIS 6?). Does anyone know where I might start trying to find
out why this is happening? We copied the web pages and registered the dll
on the new server. The call to the dll function returns a string and we
just display that string on the next asp page, but it does not show up. Is
this some sort of cache issue or ??? Thanks.

David

Alan Howard

Are you in scope of an On Error Resume Next? If so, comment it out and see
if you can throw a run-time error.

Alan

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Probably a permissions issue. Is this a home-grown DLL? What exactly is it
doing? Who is your ASP page executing as? What permissions does the
anonymous user (IUSR_YourMachineName) have on the DLL itself, the
folder(s)/file(s) it is acting on, and the directory in which the ASP file
is running? Do you have friendly error messages enabled, or on error resume
next, or any other scenario where the error message might not make it to the
browser?

http://www.aspfaq.com/2476
http://www.aspfaq.com/2109

David

Here is the code. I trapped the error number right after the running of
the object and was getting error 507. However, the object (DLL) is
running as I was able to grab the result and put it in a text file
(crazy, huh?). I put a response.write and response.end after it to
display the contents of the returned string (strRetrieveList) and it
displayed nothing.

'create object for ViewImgx DLL on server to get access
'to the class functions and processing
Set objView = Server.CreateObject("WCCCUImage.ViewImage")
'get list of fields to display
strRetrieveList =
objView.RetrieveList(CStr(strHostName),CStr(frm_fromdate),CStr(frm_todat
e),CStr(strArray),0,CStr(strlogin),CStr(strpw),CStr(struserid))

David

Bob Barrows [MVP]

David said:
Here is the code. I trapped the error number right after the running
of the object and was getting error 507.

What is the text (Err.Description) of error 507?
However, the object (DLL) is
running as I was able to grab the result and put it in a text file
(crazy, huh?). I put a response.write and response.end after it to
display the contents of the returned string (strRetrieveList) and it
displayed nothing.

Bob Barrows

David

All other asp pages process just fine. It also appears as though the DLL is
working, but not returning the result to the next asp page.

David