    just display that string on the next asp page, but it does not show up. Is
    this some sort of cache issue or ??? Thanks.

    David
    David, Jun 10, 2004

  2. David

    Alan Howard Guest

    Are you in scope of an On Error Resume Next? If so, comment it out and see
    if you can throw a run-time error.

    Alan

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > We have a web application that calls a VB dll in one of the asp pages. It
    > works fine on the old NT server but does not display results on the

    Windows

    Alan Howard, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Probably a permissions issue. Is this a home-grown DLL? What exactly is it
    doing? Who is your ASP page executing as? What permissions does the
    anonymous user (IUSR_YourMachineName) have on the DLL itself, the
    folder(s)/file(s) it is acting on, and the directory in which the ASP file
    is running? Do you have friendly error messages enabled, or on error resume
    next, or any other scenario where the error message might not make it to the
    browser?

    http://www.aspfaq.com/2476
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2109

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jun 10, 2004
  4. David

    David Guest

    Here is the code. I trapped the error number right after the running of
    the object and was getting error 507. However, the object (DLL) is
    running as I was able to grab the result and put it in a text file
    (crazy, huh?). I put a response.write and response.end after it to
    display the contents of the returned string (strRetrieveList) and it
    displayed nothing.

    'create object for ViewImgx DLL on server to get access
    'to the class functions and processing
    Set objView = Server.CreateObject("WCCCUImage.ViewImage")
    'get list of fields to display
    strRetrieveList =
    objView.RetrieveList(CStr(strHostName),CStr(frm_fromdate),CStr(frm_todat
    e),CStr(strArray),0,CStr(strlogin),CStr(strpw),CStr(struserid))

    David

    David, Jun 10, 2004
  5. David wrote:
    > Here is the code. I trapped the error number right after the running
    > of the object and was getting error 507.

    What is the text (Err.Description) of error 507?

    > However, the object (DLL) is
    > running as I was able to grab the result and put it in a text file
    > (crazy, huh?). I put a response.write and response.end after it to
    > display the contents of the returned string (strRetrieveList) and it
    > displayed nothing.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jun 10, 2004
  6. David

    David Guest

    All other asp pages process just fine. It also appears as though the DLL is
    working, but not returning the result to the next asp page.

    David

    David, Jun 11, 2004