CreateObject("Word.Application") Problems

Greg Andora

Hello,

I've had an ASP page that worked for at the minimum for a year and now it is acting very odd and I need some help to fix it. What my page does/did is creates a Word.Application object and a new document from a template. It then proceeds to fill in a bunch of the information on the word document using bookmarks and data from a database. Then it saves the document to a directory and sends the user off to go get the new document.

What is extremely odd about this is that on my two machines it is working fine, but on my firm's managed desktops, they get a error when word tries to create the application object. I don't quite understand how permissions in IE would come into play here since ASP code is run on the server right? Isn't the Word.Application object being created on my server and not the clients?

Does anybody have any suggestions on this?

Thanks a ton (in advanced),
Greg Andora

John Blessing

Greg Andora said:
[...]

Yes, it is being created on the server, but, (assuming you are using
anonymous authentication), it is being created by the IUSR_machinename user,
who will need execute privileges on MSWord and write privileges in the
folder you create the document.

--
John Blessing

businesses

[...]