    Does anybody have any suggestions on this?

    Thanks a ton (in advanced),
    Greg Andora
    Greg Andora, Feb 3, 2004

  2. "Greg Andora" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've had an ASP page that worked for at the minimum for a year and now it

    is acting very odd and I need some help to fix it. What my page does/did is
    creates a Word.Application object and a new document from a template. It
    then proceeds to fill in a bunch of the information on the word document
    using bookmarks and data from a database. Then it saves the document to a
    directory and sends the user off to go get the new document.

    > What is extremely odd about this is that on my two machines it is working

    fine, but on my firm's managed desktops, they get a error when word tries to
    create the application object. I don't quite understand how permissions in
    IE would come into play here since ASP code is run on the server right?
    Isn't the Word.Application object being created on my server and not the
    clients?

    > Does anybody have any suggestions on this?
    >
    > Thanks a ton (in advanced),
    > Greg Andora

    Yes, it is being created on the server, but, (assuming you are using
    anonymous authentication), it is being created by the IUSR_machinename user,
    who will need execute privileges on MSWord and write privileges in the
    folder you create the document.

    --
    John Blessing

    businesses
    http://www.free-helpdesk.com - Completely free help desk software !
    John Blessing, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Greg Andora

    Bob Barrows Guest

    John Blessing wrote:
    > "Greg Andora" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I've had an ASP page that worked for at the minimum for a year and
    >> now it

    > is acting very odd and I need some help to fix it. What my page
    > does/did is creates a Word.Application object and a new document from
    > a template. It then proceeds to fill in a bunch of the information
    > on the word document using bookmarks and data from a database. Then
    > it saves the document to a directory and sends the user off to go get
    > the new document.
    >>
    >> What is extremely odd about this is that on my two machines it is
    >> working

    > fine, but on my firm's managed desktops, they get a error when word
    > tries to create the application object. I don't quite understand how
    > permissions in IE would come into play here since ASP code is run on
    > the server right? Isn't the Word.Application object being created on
    > my server and not the clients?
    >>
    >> Does anybody have any suggestions on this?
    >>
    >> Thanks a ton (in advanced),
    >> Greg Andora
    >>

    > Yes, it is being created on the server, but, (assuming you are using
    > anonymous authentication), it is being created by the
    > IUSR_machinename user, who will need execute privileges on MSWord and
    > write privileges in the folder you create the document.

    More information can be found here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257757

    Bob Barrows

    --