    Do you have any idea ?
    Thanks.
    SD

    Séverine Donnay, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Séverine Donnay

    Steven Burn Guest

    We won't have any idea until you post the script your using..........

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    "Séverine Donnay" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I develop a website on my local computer in ASP/SQL SERVER 2000 in XP PRO
    > OS. The CreateTextFile, DeleteFile and OpenTextFile (for appending and

    also

    Steven Burn, Jan 9, 2005

  3. oups, sorry, this is my code :

    Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath)

    Séverine Donnay, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Séverine Donnay

    Steven Burn Guest

    And MyFilePath contains?

    As an FYI, info on using this method can be found at MSDN;

    http://surl.co.uk/?1092

    Original URL:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/ht
    ml/jsmthcreatetextfile.asp

    Steven Burn, Jan 9, 2005
  5. MyFilePath = Server.MapPath(".") & "\csv\myfile.csv"

    Séverine Donnay, Jan 9, 2005
  6. Séverine Donnay

    Steven Burn Guest

    Change that to;

    Steven Burn, Jan 9, 2005
  7. It doesn't work.
    In fact this line " if MyFSO.FileExists(MyFilePath) = True Then " works
    But not this one " Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath) "

    Séverine Donnay, Jan 9, 2005
  8. Séverine Donnay

    Steven Burn Guest

    Can you post the whole of your code so I can check it on my machine?

    Steven Burn, Jan 9, 2005
  9. MyFilePath = Server.MapPath("./csv/smart_myfile.csv")

    Dim xlStr
    Dim MyFSO

    Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

    if MyFSO.FileExists(MyFilePath) = True Then
    Set fileObject = MyFSO.GetFile(MyFilePath)
    fileObject.Delete
    Set fileObject = Nothing
    end if

    Dim MyXLFile
    Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath)
    MyXLFile.WriteLine "test"
    MyXLFile.Close
    Set MyXLFile = Nothing

    "Steven Burn" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    #...
    > Can you post the whole of your code so I can check it on my machine?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Steven Burn
    > Ur I.T. Mate Group
    > www.it-mate.co.uk
    >
    > Keeping it FREE!
    >
    > "Séverine Donnay" <> wrote in message
    > > It doesn't work.
    > > In fact this line " if MyFSO.FileExists(MyFilePath) = True Then "

    works
    > > But not this one " Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath) "
    > >

    > > "Steven Burn" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > > > Change that to;
    > > >
    > > > MyFilePath = Server.MapPath("./csv/myfile.csv")
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Regards
    > > >
    > > > Steven Burn
    > > > Ur I.T. Mate Group
    > > > www.it-mate.co.uk
    > > >
    > > > Keeping it FREE!
    > > >
    > > > "Séverine Donnay" <> wrote in message

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/ht

    message

    Séverine Donnay, Jan 9, 2005
  10. Séverine Donnay

    Steven Burn Guest

    It's working just fine here.........

    http://mysteryfcm.plus.com/test/test.asp

    Steven Burn, Jan 9, 2005
  11. That is the problem. If it works on your server, why is it not works on mine
    ? I put all writing/reading/executing rights on IIS.

    "Steven Burn" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    #...
    > It's working just fine here.........
    >
    > http://mysteryfcm.plus.com/test/test.asp
    >
    > --
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Steven Burn
    > Ur I.T. Mate Group
    > www.it-mate.co.uk
    >
    > Keeping it FREE!
    >
    > "Séverine Donnay" <> wrote in message
    > > MyFilePath = Server.MapPath("./csv/smart_myfile.csv")
    > >
    > > Dim xlStr
    > > Dim MyFSO
    > >
    > > Set MyFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    > >
    > > if MyFSO.FileExists(MyFilePath) = True Then
    > > Set fileObject = MyFSO.GetFile(MyFilePath)
    > > fileObject.Delete
    > > Set fileObject = Nothing
    > > end if
    > >
    > > Dim MyXLFile
    > > Set MyXLFile = MyFSO.CreateTextFile(MyFilePath)
    > > MyXLFile.WriteLine "test"
    > > MyXLFile.Close
    > > Set MyXLFile = Nothing
    > >

    > > "Steven Burn" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > > #...
    > > > Can you post the whole of your code so I can check it on my machine?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Regards
    > > >
    > > > Steven Burn
    > > > Ur I.T. Mate Group
    > > > www.it-mate.co.uk
    > > >
    > > > Keeping it FREE!
    > > >
    > > > "Séverine Donnay" <> wrote in message

    > > works

    message

    Séverine Donnay, Jan 9, 2005
  12. Séverine Donnay

    Steven Burn Guest

    Normally I'd have been inclined to blame a permissions issue, but as you've
    already checked those, I'm afraid I've no idea.

    Do you get _any_ error messages at all?. If not, try making sure debugging
    is enabled;

    In the IIS manager;

    Right click your website and select "Properties", then click the Home
    Directory tab.

    Next click the Configuration button, followed by the Debugging tab, and make
    sure both of the boxes are ticked (and additionally make sure the option to
    send detailed error messages is selected).

    --

    "

    Steven Burn, Jan 9, 2005
  13. I would give the Local Users group RWED. I did that on my server and
    magically all worked. If IUSR_machine account has RWXD and you dont specify
    the local USERSs group, then IUSR will be restricted to the permissions
    inherited by the parent directory.

    At least, that's what I had to do.

    Hope it helps.

    RG

    Richard Gutery, Jan 9, 2005
  14. Séverine Donnay

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    > ? I put all writing/reading/executing rights on IIS.
    What account are you giving the permissions to - IUSR_machineName ?

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jan 9, 2005
  15. I found the solution it comes from Norton : I need to disabled script
    blocking in Norton Antivirus. Now it works !

    "Bob Lehmann" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    #...
    > > ? I put all writing/reading/executing rights on IIS.

    > What account are you giving the permissions to - IUSR_machineName ?
    >
    > Bob Lehmann
    >
    > "Séverine Donnay" <> wrote in message
    > > That is the problem. If it works on your server, why is it not works on

    > mine
    > > ? I put all writing/reading/executing rights on IIS.
    > >

    > > "Steven Burn" <> a écrit dans le message de

    > > #...
    > > > It's working just fine here.........
    > > >
    > > > http://mysteryfcm.plus.com/test/test.asp
    > > >
    > > > --

> [...]