CreateUserWizard fails to fire Deactivate event handler if web page is placed in a subfolder

keithb

A CreateUserWizard with one intermediate step (select role) works OK in the
root folder, but fails to fire the Deactivate event handler for the
intermediate step when the web page is moved to a subfolder. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

keithb

I found the cause, but not the solution. The CreateUser page is located in a
folder that is only accessable by the admin role. This seems necessary,
since it doesn't make much sense to allow users to select their own roles.
So if a user from the Admin role is creating an account for someone else,
and LogInCreatedUser set to True, the user is logged in before a Role is
established which eliminates access rights to complete the process.

it doesn't work to set LogInCreatedUser to False, because the Wizard uses
User.Identity.Name when assigning roles, so it attempts to assign the
selected Role to the Admin person who is setting up the account and that
throws an exception. What is needed is a way to retrieve the name of the
newly created user and use that name instead of User.Identity.Name for
assigning the selected role. If someone can tell me how to get the user name
entered in Wizard step 1 and make it accessable in Wizard step 2, that would
solve my dilemma.

Thanks,

Keith