CreateUserWizard Required email

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by ChildOfLight, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. ChildOfLight

    ChildOfLight Guest

    'I've eliminated the required email field in the create user step by
    change the required email frield to false and deleted the email text
    box.
    in addition I elimnitate the question text box as well by using the
    following segment in the webconfig
    <membership defaultProvider="SqlProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="20">
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="SqlProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
    connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
    passwordFormat="Hashed" applicationName="/"/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    When I push the create user button I still get the following message.
    Please enter a valid e-mail address
    from the validators.
    It looks like a bug...
    Does somebody know how to solve it?