    files into a single project?
    i am getting a lot of errors if i try to compile a single file including
    other files as in c++

    kiran1785, Apr 18, 2006

  2. kiran1785

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "kiran1785" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >i am working on a messenger project. i hv a collection of java files.. i
    > dont know much of java. can anyone plz tell me how to combine all these
    > files into a single project?
    > i am getting a lot of errors if i try to compile a single file including
    > other files as in c++

    Do you have a Java IDE to work with?

    Typically what is done is to put all the java files in the same
    directory, or in a group of directories, where these directories act as
    packages. However, you'll have to edit the Java files themselves so that
    they declare which packages they belong to. If you're mixing C++ files with
    Java files, you're either making a mistake, or you're doing something
    relatively advanced (or both).

    Out of curiosity, why are you messing around with Java files if you
    don't know how to program in Java?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Apr 18, 2006