Creating a COM+ object with c#

6

601

Is it possible to use c# and .NET to create a COM+ object that can be
accessed in classic ASP/VBScript using Create.Object ?

The Ghost In The Machine

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 601
<[email protected]>
wrote
Is it possible to use c# and .NET to create a COM+ object that can be
accessed in classic ASP/VBScript using Create.Object ?
A quick Google search on "C# COM+" coughed up

http://my.execpc.com/~gopalan/dotnet/complus/complus.net_accountmanager.html

which appears to be a walkthrough on how to create a hypothetical BookKeeper
module that can handle COM+ requests. Presumably, once this is done
one can use standard COM+ methods from ASP/VBScript. However,
I'm not entirely sure regarding creating such an object.

I've set followups to COLA, for various reasons. The original followups
went somewhere else, but I'm going to inject a little comparison here,
which may be of interest... :)

Near as I can understand the problem, an equivalent question might be:

Is it possible to use Java and Mono to create a CORBA object
that can be accesed by classic Basic, PHP, or Python?

The answer is: I'd have to look up the details. Java definitely knows
about CORBA, though -- org.omg.CORBA is part of the 1.4 API.
How to use it, I haven't a clue; I'll have to Google for a
"Hello World!" example.

For its part Mono has a VisualBasic compiler, and points to
remoting-corba.sourceforge.net for the CORBA portion.