    accessed in classic ASP/VBScript using Create.Object ?

    --
    W '04 <:> Open

    601, Apr 20, 2004

  2. In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 601
    <>
    wrote
    on Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:34:32 GMT
    <Y_%gc.3154$>:

    > Is it possible to use c# and .NET to create a COM+ object that can be
    > accessed in classic ASP/VBScript using Create.Object ?

    A quick Google search on "C# COM+" coughed up

    http://my.execpc.com/~gopalan/dotnet/complus/complus.net_accountmanager.html

    which appears to be a walkthrough on how to create a hypothetical BookKeeper
    module that can handle COM+ requests. Presumably, once this is done
    one can use standard COM+ methods from ASP/VBScript. However,
    I'm not entirely sure regarding creating such an object.

    I've set followups to COLA, for various reasons. The original followups
    went somewhere else, but I'm going to inject a little comparison here,
    which may be of interest... :)

    Near as I can understand the problem, an equivalent question might be:

    Is it possible to use Java and Mono to create a CORBA object
    that can be accesed by classic Basic, PHP, or Python?

    The answer is: I'd have to look up the details. Java definitely knows
    about CORBA, though -- org.omg.CORBA is part of the 1.4 API.
    How to use it, I haven't a clue; I'll have to Google for a
    "Hello World!" example.

    For its part Mono has a VisualBasic compiler, and points to
    remoting-corba.sourceforge.net for the CORBA portion.

    #191,
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

    The Ghost In The Machine, Apr 27, 2004