    purpose?

    With regards,
    -Shailesh

    shailesh, Oct 1, 2007

  2. shailesh

    Guest

    On Sep 30, 10:18 pm, shailesh <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I wish to create a Python distribution includind Python and some other
    > libraries (Zope 3, PyWin32, numpy, lxml, etc.) which are required for
    > my applications. e.g. there are Enthough and ASPN distributions of
    > Python.
    >
    > Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the right documentation
    > for this purpose.
    >
    > Could some one give an overview of what needs to be done for this
    > purpose?
    >
    > With regards,
    > -Shailesh

    Are you wanting to create an executable or what? There are a few
    different ways to distribute your work. You can use py2exe, GUI2exe (a
    py2exe wrapper), PyInstaller, Distutils or Python Eggs.

    Here are some links:

    http://pyinstaller.python-hosting.com/
    http://www.py2exe.org/
    http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/main/GUI2Exe.html
    http://docs.python.org/dist/dist.html
    http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs

    That should get you started.

    Mike

    , Oct 2, 2007

  3. shailesh wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I wish to create a Python distribution includind Python and some other
    > libraries (Zope 3, PyWin32, numpy, lxml, etc.) which are required for
    > my applications. e.g. there are Enthough and ASPN distributions of
    > Python.
    >
    > Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the right documentation
    > for this purpose.
    >
    > Could some one give an overview of what needs to be done for this
    > purpose?

    I can guess, nothing more.

    You could use Inno Setup (windows guy?)
    <URL:http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php> to install python and then
    automatically all additional libs.

    And that is a general idea ... just automate the installing of all libs.
    It may even boil down to just copying the additional files to the
    site-packages directory.

    I don't know, but some experimentation should get you long way. It
    shouldn't be very hard.

    /W

    Wildemar Wildenburger, Oct 2, 2007
  4. shailesh

    azrael Guest

    Maybe you should check the Slax distro. Go to www.slax.org.
    There is one special slax distro caled Frodo. I think that it includes
    nearly nothing but the core.
    There are also several packages for the distro that you can put inside
    the distro and create your own distribution. There are also detailed
    instructions. This way you can create a Live distro, but there are
    also instruction on how to install it on the HDD.

    If I understood your question then I guess that this should be the
    answer.

    best regards

    azrael, Oct 2, 2007
  5. shailesh

    shailesh Guest

    Thanx a lot for all the pointers. I will certainly check into them.

    I actually wanted to know how do people create their own Python
    distribution like ASPN's Python or Enthought's Python.

    With regards,
    - Shailesh

    shailesh, Oct 13, 2007