Creating a default footer on a page

KiwiBrian

dorayme said:
You are welcome to email me too JAF, I like to see examples of
this. Good on you for taking the trouble to write your post
here... please use an eye catching title like PHP EXAMPLES as I
am a bit frightened to ever look at any mail to dorayme.

If it is no trouble I too would appreciate a copy of JAF's examples.
And my compliments to him on a wonderful post.
Brian Tozer

Leonard Blaisdell

JAF said:
<? include $phpdir . "home_line_links.txt"; ?>

You did great with your explanation! Are short tags now runnable without
configuration in the newest PHP? I'm just asking. I really don't know.

leo

Jonathan N. Little

Leonard said:
You did great with your explanation! Are short tags now runnable without
configuration in the newest PHP? I'm just asking. I really don't know.

By default short tags are on, but that does not mean it is enabled on
your server. Best to check, one easy why is to create a PHP page

myphp.php

</head>
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

The view the page in your browser

http://www.example.co/myphp.php

and search for "short_open_tag"

Hint: you may want to print the page this page for reference then delete
the myphp.php file, or at least make the name of the 'myphp.php' a
little less obvious for security reasons.