Creating a distributed application

dan back via .NET 247

Hy
This is my problem. I tried everything in this page. Still notworking!
I changed the machine.config file in section <httpHandlers>(<addverb="*" path="*.vsdisco"type="System.Web.Services.Discovery.DiscoveryRequestHandler,System.Web.Services, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>)

and processModel

My msg err is:

<<
Web Services

(none)
No Web References were found on this page.
Click for help on finding a Web Reference.

Errors

The document at the urlhttp://localhost/AuthorsWebService/AuthorsWebService.vsdisco wasnot recognized as a known document type.
The error message from each known type may help you fix theproblem:
- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XMLdocument (2, 2).'.
- <dynamicDiscoveryxmlns='urn:schemas-dynamicdiscovery:disco.2000-03-17'> was notexpected.
- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URLhttp://localhost/AuthorsWebService/AuthorsWebService.vsdiscocould not be found.'.
- The document format is not recognized.

The url typed in address bar was:http://localhost/AuthorsWebService/AuthorsWebService.vsdisco

if i type http://localhost/AuthorsWebService/AuthorsService.asmxthe error is:

<<
Web Services

(none)
No Web References were found on this page.
Click for help on finding a Web Reference.

Errors

The document was not recognized as a known document type (WSDL,XML Schema, or Discovery document) for the following reason:
- The content type 'application/octet-stream' is not valid foran XML document.

The content of vsdico file is:

<<

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<dynamicDiscoveryxmlns="urn:schemas-dynamicdiscovery:disco.2000-03-17">
<exclude path="_vti_cnf" />
<exclude path="_vti_pvt" />
<exclude path="_vti_log" />
<exclude path="_vti_script" />
<exclude path="_vti_txt" />
<exclude path="Web References" />

And another thing: when I reopen the solution, I recive aerrMsg:
The default mode for this folder is set to file share but theproject folder at "http://quasar/AuthorsWebService" cannot beopened with the path "c:/inetpub/wwwroot/AuthorsWebService"

the error returned was:
Unable to open Web project AuthorsWebService. The file pathc:/inetpub/wwwroot/AuthorsWebService does not corespond to theurl http://quasar/AuthorsWebService. The two need to map to thesame server location.

(quasar is the local machine!)