Creating a distributed application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by dan back via .NET 247, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Hy
    This is my problem. I tried everything in this page. Still notworking!
    I changed the machine.config file in section <httpHandlers>(<addverb="*" path="*.vsdisco"type="System.Web.Services.Discovery.DiscoveryRequestHandler,System.Web.Services, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>)

    and processModel

    My msg err is:

    <<
    Web Services

    (none)
    No Web References were found on this page.
    Click for help on finding a Web Reference.

    Errors

    The document at the urlhttp://localhost/AuthorsWebService/AuthorsWebService.vsdisco wasnot recognized as a known document type.
    The error message from each known type may help you fix theproblem:
    - Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XMLdocument (2, 2).'.
    - <dynamicDiscoveryxmlns='urn:schemas-dynamicdiscovery:disco.2000-03-17'> was notexpected.
    - Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URLhttp://localhost/AuthorsWebService/AuthorsWebService.vsdiscocould not be found.'.
    - The document format is not recognized.
    - Report from 'XML Schema' is 'Expected Schema root. Make surethat the root element is <schema> and the namespace is'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' for an XSD schema or'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data' for an XDR schema. An erroroccurred at (2, 2).'.

    The url typed in address bar was:http://localhost/AuthorsWebService/AuthorsWebService.vsdisco

    if i type http://localhost/AuthorsWebService/AuthorsService.asmxthe error is:

    <<
    Web Services

    (none)
    No Web References were found on this page.
    Click for help on finding a Web Reference.

    Errors

    The document was not recognized as a known document type (WSDL,XML Schema, or Discovery document) for the following reason:
    - The content type 'application/octet-stream' is not valid foran XML document.

    The content of vsdico file is:

    <<

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <dynamicDiscoveryxmlns="urn:schemas-dynamicdiscovery:disco.2000-03-17">
    <exclude path="_vti_cnf" />
    <exclude path="_vti_pvt" />
    <exclude path="_vti_log" />
    <exclude path="_vti_script" />
    <exclude path="_vti_txt" />
    <exclude path="Web References" />
    </dynamicDiscovery>

    And another thing: when I reopen the solution, I recive aerrMsg:
    The default mode for this folder is set to file share but theproject folder at "http://quasar/AuthorsWebService" cannot beopened with the path "c:/inetpub/wwwroot/AuthorsWebService"

    the error returned was:
    Unable to open Web project AuthorsWebService. The file pathc:/inetpub/wwwroot/AuthorsWebService does not corespond to theurl http://quasar/AuthorsWebService. The two need to map to thesame server location.

    (quasar is the local machine!)

    From: dan back

    <Id>0d/W9FdvZU+CQD+shOI0cA==</Id>

    dan back via .NET 247, Aug 5, 2004