Creating a driver program for the keyboard??????????

Freddie523

I'm interested in writing a program to enable any keyboard to perform 'a
certain action'. Obviously, I can't go into too much detail for commercial
reasons but to give you an idea, and this is n't what I'm really thinking
of doing, but imagine I wanted the keyboard to be able to stand up on its
legs when a certain key combination was pressed - both existing and new
keyboards!!!!!!!! How would I go about this task!!!!!!!

Blinky the Shark

Freddie523 wrote from a web gateway:

[stuff about hardware drivers]

You can probably access this public Usenet newsgroup directly with some
fine news client like slrn or pan or knode or others, rather than some clunky
web interface, unless, say, you're at firewalled at work and IT hasn't
favorably responded to your request for Usenet (NNTP) capability. Do
*yourself* a favor: check out your options and take control of your own
Usenet experience.

Troy Piggins

* Freddie523 said:
I'm interested in writing a program to enable any keyboard to perform
'a certain action'. Obviously, I can't go into too much detail for
commercial reasons but to give you an idea, and this is n't what I'm
really thinking of doing, but imagine I wanted the keyboard to be able
to stand up on its legs when a certain key combination was pressed -
both existing and new keyboards!!!!!!!! How would I go about this
task!!!!!!!

And you want to do it in html? Not sure if I can help you there, but
make sure you post the solution here - that would be one for the
archives!

Maybe you should be thinking about a programming language like C/C++,
java, etc?

Sid Ismail

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:33:52 -0500, "Freddie523"

: Obviously, I can't go into too much detail for commercial
: reasons

I can't either - I charge for my experience.

Sid

Freddie523

Thanks for the replies so far guys!!!!!!! I'm not a programmer, in fact,
just starting out with learning html but thought I had a brilliant
idea!!!!! Might need to think again but thanks for any
suggestions!!!!!!!!!

Travis Newbury

Freddie523 said:
I'm interested in writing a program to enable any keyboard to perform 'a
certain action'. Obviously, I can't go into too much detail for commercial
reasons but to give you an idea, and this is n't what I'm really thinking
of doing, but imagine I wanted the keyboard to be able to stand up on its
legs when a certain key combination was pressed - both existing and new
keyboards!!!!!!!! How would I go about this task!!!!!!!

I know exactly how to do what you want. I once created a keyboard
driver that allowed any keyboard to control any port.. However, with
out monetary compensation I can not lead you in the right direction. I
am sure you obviously understand.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
Thanks for the replies so far guys!!!!!!! I'm not a programmer, in fact,
just starting out with learning html but thought I had a brilliant
idea!!!!! Might need to think again but thanks for any
suggestions!!!!!!!!!

1) The 1/! key on your keyboard seems to be stuck. You might want to try
cleaning it out.

2) Please use a proper newsreader, which allows you to quote the message
you are replying to.

Freddie523

I know exactly how to do what you want. I once created a keyboard
driver that allowed any keyboard to control any port.. However, with
out monetary compensation I can not lead you in the right direction. I
am sure you obviously understand.

Hi Travis & 'thanks' for your 'offer'!!!!! I expect to find out how to do
it anyway!!!!! You know there're ways of doing these things!!!!! However,
when you hear that I'm now a billionaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes!