Creating a dynamic menu asp.net2!!HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sri Reddy, May 2, 2006.

  1. Sri Reddy

    Sri Reddy Guest

    Hi
    I want to create a horizontal menu on my website being built using
    asp.net2 with menu items based on the "role" of the user who logged into
    the system.Role iformation will be read from database...

    For ex:
    for a user with "Admin" role, i would like to show "Menu Item1", "Menu
    Item2", "Menu Item3", "Menu Item4". Where as if the user belongs to
    "Help-desk" role, i would like to show only "Menu Item1" and "Menu
    Item3"...

    Also, i want to provide an alternative to access "Menu Items" if the
    java-script is disabled...

    Wondering what options do i got....
    Thanks
    Sri

    Sri Reddy, May 2, 2006

  2. You could use the menu control with SiteMap if you are using ASP.NET 2.0
    ..You can specify roles in the SiteMap.

    Not sure if 2.0 is an option for you though

    --
    Swanand Mokashi
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever

    http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
    DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
    technology ...

    http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
    http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
    Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services

    Swanand Mokashi, May 2, 2006

  3. Sri Reddy

    Sri Reddy Guest

    Thanks Swanand!!!

    Yes, I am using ASP.NET 2 version with C#. does it work with Javascript
    diabled browsers too?

    Appreciate if you can point me to any resources or examples!!!!

    Sri Reddy, May 2, 2006
  4. Sri Reddy

    Sri Reddy Guest

    Thanks Swanand!!!

    Yes, I am using ASP.NET 2 version with C#. does it work with Javascript
    disabled browsers too?

    Appreciate if you can point me to any resources or examples!!!!

    Sri Reddy, May 2, 2006
  5. http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/ASPNET2/ASPNET10/aspnet10-02.aspx
    http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2004/09/13/site_nav_aspnet20.html

    Yes it will render correctly based on what browser your user is using.

    Swanand Mokashi, May 3, 2006
  6. Sri Reddy

    prashiddha

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Dynamic Menu in asp.net

    If you need Dynamic Menu In asp.net with following things.

    1. Gets rendered from database.
    2. Admin can change the name of the menu by simply updating the database table. For example Office org to My Org. etc
    3. You dont want to hard code the redirection url for any menu click.(i.e. entry of url also in database).
    4. Simply dont want to have a xml file for the above things.(on fly xml variable construction and distruction which avoids creating xml file in server).
    5. Simply Dont want to do jquery
    Then Click Here Dynamic Menu
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    prashiddha, Dec 15, 2011