Creating a dynamic menu asp.net2!!HELP!!!!

Sri Reddy

Hi
I want to create a horizontal menu on my website being built using
asp.net2 with menu items based on the "role" of the user who logged into
the system.Role iformation will be read from database...

For ex:
for a user with "Admin" role, i would like to show "Menu Item1", "Menu
Item2", "Menu Item3", "Menu Item4". Where as if the user belongs to
"Help-desk" role, i would like to show only "Menu Item1" and "Menu
Item3"...

Also, i want to provide an alternative to access "Menu Items" if the
java-script is disabled...

Wondering what options do i got....
Thanks
Sri

Swanand Mokashi

You could use the menu control with SiteMap if you are using ASP.NET 2.0
..You can specify roles in the SiteMap.

Not sure if 2.0 is an option for you though

--
Swanand Mokashi
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever

http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
technology ...

http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services

Sri Reddy

Thanks Swanand!!!

Yes, I am using ASP.NET 2 version with C#. does it work with Javascript
diabled browsers too?

Appreciate if you can point me to any resources or examples!!!!

Sri Reddy

Thanks Swanand!!!

Yes, I am using ASP.NET 2 version with C#. does it work with Javascript
disabled browsers too?

Appreciate if you can point me to any resources or examples!!!!

Swanand Mokashi

http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/ASPNET2/ASPNET10/aspnet10-02.aspx
http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2004/09/13/site_nav_aspnet20.html

Yes it will render correctly based on what browser your user is using.

--
Swanand Mokashi
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever
Microsoft Certified Application Developer (.NET)

http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
technology ...

http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services

Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Dynamic Menu in asp.net

If you need Dynamic Menu In asp.net with following things.

  1. Gets rendered from database.
  2. Admin can change the name of the menu by simply updating the database table. For example Office org to My Org. etc
  3. You dont want to hard code the redirection url for any menu click.(i.e. entry of url also in database).
  4. Simply dont want to have a xml file for the above things.(on fly xml variable construction and distruction which avoids creating xml file in server).
  5. Simply Dont want to do jquery
Then Click Here Dynamic Menu

Last edited: