    guys could give me your feedback on the most common way this is done
    would appreciate it thanks

    Karl
    Karl, Dec 27, 2007

  2. Karl

    Ivan Novick Guest

    On Dec 27, 3:02 pm, Karl <> wrote:
    > Hi, I need to create a feedback form in a webpage I am making so
    > that
    > users can fill in text and simply hit send, and the text will be
    > mailed. I know there are probably lots of ways to do this, I have
    > been using java for 10 years so I know it could be done that way, but
    > I want to do it the main way that it is done on the internet today.
    > understand this is probly done with a perl script and cgi. If you
    > guys could give me your feedback on the most common way this is done

    Yes I am a perl user, but honestly i would just try PHP in your
    scenario... http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp

    If you really want to use perl, which is fair enough, than try reading
    here: http://perldoc.perl.org/CGI.html

    Regards,
    Ivan Novick
    http://www.0x4849.net
    Ivan Novick, Dec 28, 2007

  3. Karl

    Karl Guest

    On Dec 27, 6:37 pm, Ivan Novick <> wrote:
    > On Dec 27, 3:02 pm, Karl <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,  I need to create a feedback form in a webpage I am making so
    > > that
    > > users can fill in text and simply hit send, and the text will be
    > > mailed.  I know there are probably lots of ways to do this, I have
    > > been using java for 10 years so I know it could be done that way, but
    > > I want to do it the main way that it is done on the internet today.
    > > understand this is probly done with a perl script and cgi.  If you
    > > guys could give me your feedback on the most common way this is done

    > Yes I am a perl user, but honestly i would just try PHP in your
    > scenario...http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp
    >
    > If you really want to use perl, which is fair enough, than try reading
    > here:http://perldoc.perl.org/CGI.html
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ivan Novickhttp://www.0x4849.net

    Thanks man ya Im definatly usin php found it was much better
    Karl, Dec 28, 2007
  4. Karl

    Ted Zlatanov Guest

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:37:22 -0800 (PST) Ivan Novick <> wrote:

    IN> On Dec 27, 3:02 pm, Karl <> wrote:
    >> Hi, I need to create a feedback form in a webpage I am making so that
    >> users can fill in text and simply hit send, and the text will be
    >> mailed. I know there are probably lots of ways to do this, I have
    >> been using java for 10 years so I know it could be done that way, but
    >> I want to do it the main way that it is done on the internet today.
    >> I understand this is probly done with a perl script and cgi. If you
    >> guys could give me your feedback on the most common way this is done

    IN> Yes I am a perl user, but honestly i would just try PHP in your
    IN> scenario... http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp

    IN> If you really want to use perl, which is fair enough, than try reading
    IN> here: http://perldoc.perl.org/CGI.html

    I think CGI::FormBuilder is a very good way to do this and gets close to
    what PHP can do (surpassing it in some ways). Whether you prefer PHP or
    Perl is up to you.

    Ted
    Ted Zlatanov, Dec 28, 2007