Creating a Frame in the same page.

success_ny

I cannot seem to find the answer to this rather simple question. Pardon
me if it looks illogial or silly.

Can I create a frame in the same page without referring to other html
files? I.e., I have a large dynamically created table in my JSP page. I
would like to place it inside the scrollable frame. If I put the whole
table into a separate file, I can easily do it by referring to that
HTML file from the 'src' attribute. But what if I want to create this
frame in the same page without referring to the outside html files?

I tried to place my table content inside the anchor link and then refer
to it from the frame like this:

<frameset cols="200">
<frame src="#framed" scrolling="yes" frameborder="1">
</frameset>

That obviously did not work.

Any ideas?

David

Can I create a frame in the same page without referring to other html
files?

...Any ideas?

Can you just make one frameset page, and use the same subpage for both
targets? I believe that is possible. Then you could achieve different
looks in each frameset via DHTML. It will probably use twice the memory,
though, and will also probably be difficult to get just right.

I think I'd just look at using a two-column page instead (tables or css).
It would probably be a lot easier in the end, and much easier to extend.

David