Creating a HTML download page

Todd Cary

I want to provide a way for the user to download a file by just using
HTML. I often see download pages where there is a choice of FTP or
HTML. Is there an example of this on the Web? Will I need some PHP or
JavaScript to do this?

Thank you....

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Todd Cary] on Saturday 31 December 2005 16:27 \__
I want to provide a way for the user to download a file by just using
HTML. I often see download pages where there is a choice of FTP or
HTML. Is there an example of this on the Web? Will I need some PHP or
JavaScript to do this?

Thank you....

Here's an example:

http://othellomaster.com/OM-5.html

If you have a host that runs FTP daemons, make use of them. You can set up
(enable rather) an FTP server and then simply link to it, possibly including
the path and authentication details (if not anonymous access). The content
typically goes under public_ftp in your home directory assuming Apache.

Best wishes,

Roy

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCpher_Cypher?=

Todd said:
I want to provide a way for the user to download a file by just using
HTML. I often see download pages where there is a choice of FTP or
HTML. Is there an example of this on the Web? Will I need some PHP or
JavaScript to do this?

Thank you....

Well, just upload the file to your server and link to it:
When you load the page with the link, the file will be downloaded via
HTTP.. It is simply a matter of which link you provide -
*ftp*://www.domain.com/path/file.zip downloads file.zip via FTP..

luph