    HTML. Is there an example of this on the Web? Will I need some PHP or
    JavaScript to do this?

    Thank you....
    Todd Cary, Dec 31, 2005

  2. __/ [Todd Cary] on Saturday 31 December 2005 16:27 \__

    > I want to provide a way for the user to download a file by just using
    > HTML. I often see download pages where there is a choice of FTP or
    > HTML. Is there an example of this on the Web? Will I need some PHP or
    > JavaScript to do this?
    >
    > Thank you....

    Here's an example:

    http://othellomaster.com/OM-5.html

    If you have a host that runs FTP daemons, make use of them. You can set up
    (enable rather) an FTP server and then simply link to it, possibly including
    the path and authentication details (if not anonymous access). The content
    typically goes under public_ftp in your home directory assuming Apache.

    Best wishes,

    Roy
    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Todd Cary wrote:
    > I want to provide a way for the user to download a file by just using
    > HTML. I often see download pages where there is a choice of FTP or
    > HTML. Is there an example of this on the Web? Will I need some PHP or
    > JavaScript to do this?
    >
    > Thank you....

    Well, just upload the file to your server and link to it:
    When you load the page with the link, the file will be downloaded via
    HTTP.. It is simply a matter of which link you provide -
    *ftp*://www.domain.com/path/file.zip downloads file.zip via FTP..

    luph
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCpher_Cypher?=, Dec 31, 2005