Creating A Limited Vocabulary Voice Recognition System using C++

Discussion in 'C++' started by dj_redface@hotmail.com, May 22, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    For a university project I am trying to write a program that will turn
    vocal commands into MIDI events. For example if the user says A, a
    note "A" will be played.

    I am trying to write this program in C++ using the Microsoft Speech
    SDK 5.1. I have written a library that drives the MIDI aspect, and am
    able to write all the playback aspect. I have yet to find a way of
    limiting the vocabulary to recognise specific commands. For example
    letter names, flat/sharp/natural/ etc.

    I would be grateful for help in limiting the window's vocabulary. Or
    suggesting another way to create this program. I am happy to scrap
    using the SDK as at the moment this is project is still in the
    research stage.

    Thank you.

    , May 22, 2008