Creating a new asp.net project on a remote webserver

rr

Environment:
Development PC: W2K Professional
WebServer: W2K Server, IIS 5.0
Peer-to-Peer network

I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on the
local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do this, but
all I can find are instructions on how to create on localhost, then deploy
later to remote machine.

Thanks.

Rino

Evertjan.

rr wrote on 03 aug 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on
the local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do
this, but all I can find are instructions on how to create on
localhost, then deploy later to remote machine.

Yes ! As this is a classic ASP NG, please go to a dotnet NG.

DvDmanDT

And if he/me can't find one? (No, I'm not he, but I want one as well and
besides, where does it say it's a classic asp newsgroup?)

Ray at

Search for dotnet or aspnet in your news reader.

Ray at home

--
Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

DvDmanDT said:
And if he/me can't find one? (No, I'm not he, but I want one as well and
besides, where does it say it's a classic asp newsgroup?)

Bob Barrows

DvDmanDT said:
And if he/me can't find one? (No, I'm not he, but I want one as well
and besides, where does it say it's a classic asp newsgroup?)
:)
Right there in its name.

You can tell the dotnet newsgroups by the presence of the word "dotnet" in
their names.There are several dotnet groups on this news server.
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet is one of them.

DvDmanDT

Cause I always thought that was somewhat better... The don't have some
screwed cache on often visited stuff, no proxy, no port blocking, no
bandwidth limit, no smtp limitations, and as far as i knew no NNTP
limitations... Guess I was wrong...

Ray at

Nah, using MS's server is better. You don't have to worry about a
"middle-man" server then. And if there are any restriction about post
sizes, you'll be restricted using your ISP's server too, but you won't know
it, since your ISP's server will accept the post, whereas if you post
directly to MS's server, you'll get an error response back when you post.

Ray at home

DvDmanDT

Yes, so do I nowdays... And I'm searching more nntp servers... I got
news.php.net, news1.telia.com and msnnews.microsoft.com or whatever...

--
// DvDmanDT
MSN: (e-mail address removed)
Ray at said:
You can still keep your other groups. You're using Outlook Express 6, and
that supports multiple nntp accounts. Add a second account. I also follow
other non MS groups, so I have one nntp account in OE with MS's news server,
and then one with my ISP.

Ray at home

--
Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

DvDmanDT said:
Well, there are more groups I read as well than just MS releated...
Accutually, this is the only one... Not anymore, now it's 4 groups...
But

Ray at

Nice! I didn't know about news.php.net. I just added that account. Thank
you!

Ray at home

DvDmanDT

You're welcome... Hehe... Quite intresting server accutually... general,
internals and windows are the only ones really worth reading though...

I got 10 NNTP servers at this point:

freenews.netfront.net
news.freenet.de
news.grc.com
news.readfreenews.net
newscache2.freenet.de
pubnews.gradwell.net
skarjeke.ind.mh.se

as well as telia, msn and php... Although, they aren't really needed and I
don't think I'm gonna use them but anyway...