    later to remote machine.

    Thanks.

    Rino

    rr, Aug 3, 2003

  2. rr

    Evertjan. Guest

    rr wrote on 03 aug 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on
    > the local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do
    > this, but all I can find are instructions on how to create on
    > localhost, then deploy later to remote machine.

    Yes ! As this is a classic ASP NG, please go to a dotnet NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 3, 2003

  3. rr

    DvDmanDT Guest

    And if he/me can't find one? (No, I'm not he, but I want one as well and
    besides, where does it say it's a classic asp newsgroup?)

    --
    // DvDmanDT
    MSN:

    DvDmanDT, Aug 3, 2003
  4. rr

    Ray at Guest

    Search for dotnet or aspnet in your news reader.

    Ray at home

    --
    Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

    Ray at, Aug 3, 2003
  5. rr

    Bob Barrows Guest

    DvDmanDT wrote:
    > And if he/me can't find one? (No, I'm not he, but I want one as well
    > and besides, where does it say it's a classic asp newsgroup?)

    :)
    Right there in its name.

    You can tell the dotnet newsgroups by the presence of the word "dotnet" in
    their names.There are several dotnet groups on this news server.
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet is one of them.

    Bob Barrows, Aug 3, 2003
  6. rr

    Evertjan. Guest

    DvDmanDT wrote on 03 aug 2003 in

    <http://www.developersdex.com/newsgroups.asp>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 3, 2003
  7. rr

    DvDmanDT Guest

    Cause I always thought that was somewhat better... The don't have some
    screwed cache on often visited stuff, no proxy, no port blocking, no
    bandwidth limit, no smtp limitations, and as far as i knew no NNTP
    limitations... Guess I was wrong...

    --
    // DvDmanDT
    MSN:
    "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> skrev i meddelandet
    > Why are you using your ISP's server? Use Microsoft's.

    msnews.microsoft.com

    DvDmanDT, Aug 3, 2003
  8. rr

    Ray at Guest

    Nah, using MS's server is better. You don't have to worry about a
    "middle-man" server then. And if there are any restriction about post
    sizes, you'll be restricted using your ISP's server too, but you won't know
    it, since your ISP's server will accept the post, whereas if you post
    directly to MS's server, you'll get an error response back when you post.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Aug 3, 2003
  9. rr

    DvDmanDT Guest

    Yes, so do I nowdays... And I'm searching more nntp servers... I got
    news.php.net, news1.telia.com and msnnews.microsoft.com or whatever...

    --
    > You can still keep your other groups. You're using Outlook Express 6, and
    > that supports multiple nntp accounts. Add a second account. I also

    follow
    > other non MS groups, so I have one nntp account in OE with MS's news

    server,
    > and then one with my ISP.
    >
    > Ray at home
    >
    > --
    > Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help
    >

    > "DvDmanDT" <> wrote in message
    > > Well, there are more groups I read as well than just MS releated...
    > > Accutually, this is the only one... Not anymore, now it's 4 groups...

    But

    DvDmanDT, Aug 4, 2003
  10. rr

    Ray at Guest

    Nice! I didn't know about news.php.net. I just added that account. Thank
    you!

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Aug 4, 2003
  11. rr

    DvDmanDT Guest

    You're welcome... Hehe... Quite intresting server accutually... general,
    internals and windows are the only ones really worth reading though...

    I got 10 NNTP servers at this point:

    freenews.netfront.net
    news.freenet.de
    news.grc.com
    news.readfreenews.net
    newscache2.freenet.de
    pubnews.gradwell.net
    skarjeke.ind.mh.se

    as well as telia, msn and php... Although, they aren't really needed and I
    don't think I'm gonna use them but anyway...

    DvDmanDT, Aug 4, 2003